Dear fellow forum friends - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 18:48 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Dear fellow forum friends

March the 4th 20019.
The date we thought things would change. Hans had the catheter for 1 whole year on this date, on the 5th of March he had the prostate operation and after that was when things really started to go wrong. You all helped me through the next 5 months and have continued to listen to my ups and downs.

So now I want you to know it´s now starting to go up and hopefully no more downs.

Walking Motley this afternoon I realised I can never leave this place, OK its a quiet village with no entertainment, but at the moment I am extremely lucky and its my turn to sympathise with most of you because you don´t have a garden, the view I have or live in a quiet village where you can walk away from any houses.

I am finding it very easy keeping busy, every now and then I stop, have a cup of something and sit here at the computer either `talking´ to one of my 3 forums or talking to and sometimes seeing friends on Facebook messenger or WhatsApp, watch something on one of the many options over internet, playing with or walking Motley or even just watching him sleep. I will be talking with a friend on video tonight and Heike has just said we can talk tomorrow afternoon.
I think as time goes on you will also be using these facilities even if you haven’t used them before.

I do hope I never bore you by telling you the silly things I some times do, but your always there for me to tell and I take advantage of that,
As I have said before, when this is all over I hope I will meet some of you on my travels, but until we can all start travelling again, look after yourselves and don´t take any risks, it´s better to be overcautious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we saw on our walk today.
The sheep with their little lambs, they didn't pass me by on the road though I passed them

This tree is one of those amazing trees that looks dead, but in a few weeks it will be as green as the rest, it already had green grass growing on it.
Glandwr, erneboy, EJB and 7 others like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 18:55

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
I'm very happy for you that you want to stay there Jan. It looks a very beautiful place.
patp and JanHank like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 18:57

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Jan,

I am delighted to read your thoughts on where you are, we also have made the decision to stay where we are, not that we could easily go anywhere else.

We have each other, you have your memories of being together - probably more vibrant than you ever thought possible, or sights, like yours are the things to treasure - I feel very sorry for those that have no access to such experiences and for whom it is simply four walls - I am very much reminded of "four grey walls that surround me" an extract from a Tom Jones song that probably lives in all of our memories "The Green, Green Grass of Home". Such things are what has formed us as we grew up and remain with us now as we near our twilight years (?).

Our thoughts are with you and please continue to share your lovely pictures for those without such privileges.
raynipper, nicholsong and JanHank like this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 08:10

So glad that you are feeling so positive about your future, Jan. The countryside is food for the soul. When I heard that you were working hard on your German it did make me wonder if your plans were formulating for you to stay in your lovely spot.

Though not as quiet as your village, our situation is very similar. We are on the edge of ours and look out over green fields with a copse of trees next door. We have a natural pond, that attracts all sorts of wildlife, that we bless and then double bless when it needs attention! There is an ancient bridle path directly opposite us that leads to a small river across fields. I love the community spirit of our village. There is a village shop and post office and a school. We have lived there for nearly forty years now.
Chris, after attending a fellow villagers funeral, asked me what I would do if he died as we had heard that the widow was going to move. I immediately said, without thinking, "stay here". I had been so touched by the packed church full of friends that I resolved that at least for the foreseeable future it would be where we lived our lives.
As you say technology is a marvellous help if we are far apart. It can also be turned off
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 09:06

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,039 Times in 902 Posts
Personal Aire
Agree with above. I couldnt move back to the town now. Nothing but fields and hills behind our house for twenty miles where the land rises up to the Pennines. Its even more peaceful now. Michelle went out walking down the lanes yesterday and never saw a sole or a vehicle. Certainly no other place I would rather be right now.
JanHank likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 23:10

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
It's so good to hear you content Jan!

I live just a couple of miles from the centre of Belfast but right beside me is the old railway line that is now a walkway which will take me, in 25mins or so, down to the busy Holywood Arches, or the other way, all the way to Comber (not done that!) And less than 10mins away is the very vibrant Ballyhackamore which is coming down with coffee shops n eateries (obviously very quiet at the moment).

I consider myself very lucky to have the best of both worlds.
patp, Nethernut, aldra and 1 others like this.

Jean
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 19:58

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Just to compete with Jan's photos this is one from here. I took some rubbish to the bins this afternoon and then went into the campo behind the house with the dogs. I was thinking how lovely it was, and how lucky we are to live here, so I took this photograph.

The horizon at the end of the track is the Med.
Attached Images
File Type: png behind.PNG (5.36 MB, 14 views)
barryd, raynipper, aldra and 1 others like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; Yesterday at 20:26.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 20:06

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Love it Ernest

Yes you are lucky, enjoy it

Sandra
erneboy and patp like this.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 20:20

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We live in a town but have a lovely secret garden

We are also surrounded by kids and grandkids

The van gives us access to places new under normal circumstances

The fish, whilst not yet jumping are more active

Albert can find lots of beautiful locations within a ten mile radius to cycle

Local shops are full of fruit and food

Yep we are lucky too

Sandra
erneboy likes this.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 20:27 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Just to compete with Jan's photos this is one from here. I took some rubbish to the bins this afternoon and then went into the campo behind the house with the dogs. I was thinking how lovely it was, and how lucky we are to live here, so I took this photograph.

The horizon at the end of the track is the med.
Thats settled then, I´ll definitely be bumping into you sometime, but it won´t be by accident

It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one who doesn't have to be shut in all day to be isolated.
erneboy likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page