Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Off Topic (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/26-off-topic/)
-   -   A bit of a do (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/26-off-topic/238431-bit-do.html)

aldra 21-03-2020 20:01

A bit of a do
 
Well it seems I had a TIA last night

I was fine, had a coughing fit as I swallowed badly and found I could no longer form the words I needed, very strange, slurred speech in slow motion

The hospital A&E were brilliant, head scan, chest X-ray and heart tracing ,blood tests the stroke doctor was brilliant

It seems my heart has been beating irregularly which can cause blood clots, and he will now monitor my aortic tissue valve, I have had brief recurring periods of dizziness but put it down to the immune suppressant drugs

Now on a modern anticoagulant and hopefully a stroke averted

Deserted in A&E thanks to the corona virus

So every cloud has a silver lining

Iím fine just tired

Sandra

barryd 21-03-2020 21:22

Really sorry to hear that Sandra. Take it easy and Keep safe.

erneboy 21-03-2020 21:43

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

dghr272 21-03-2020 23:00

Hope things clear up Sandra, my recent collapse was due to BP postural drop when I was on my feet. BP drops too low when on your feet so the brain shuts down to save you. I felt dizzy just before I tumbled.

The systolic Pressure shouldnít drop more than 20 between a sitting/lying reading and a reading taken after standing for 2 mins, keep an eye on it and take it easy.

Terry

jiwawa 22-03-2020 00:08

Sorry to hear that Sandra but it sounds as if you've been lucky.

I'm not sure how it'll be, later in this virus nightmare, but certainly in the past heart n stroke problems always had great support from NHS.

I guess that's put the kaibosh on your tricycle training - for the moment!

JanHank 22-03-2020 06:58

On heck, what a thing to happen, very scary for you and Albert. I hope you make a quick recovery, maybe the blood thinner will make you feel better all round.

Heike keeps telling me when I am out walking alone with Mot I must remember to take the phone, you have now made me think she is right and must put it on my check list along with checking I have his treats in my pocket. I am guessing you are at home, they didn't keep you any longer that absolutely necessary.

patp 22-03-2020 07:06

Flippin' 'eck girl!

If it helps at all, I was told during all the investigations into the seizure I had last year, that several tia's showed up on my brain scan. They assured me that these are all perfectly normal for a woman of certain age (how very dare they!). Not had any symptoms since that day. I would like to say I am normal but..................

jiwawa 22-03-2020 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3081755)
Heike keeps telling me when I am out walking alone with Mot I must remember to take the phone, you have now made me think she is right

Absolutely Jan - I think that should apply to anyone, particularly if there's no one at home to notice they haven't returned.

I'm surprised a sensible girl like you didn't take Heike"s advice sooner! (wink!)

JanHank 22-03-2020 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiwawa (Post 3081845)
Absolutely Jan - I think that should apply to anyone, particularly if there's no one at home to notice they haven't returned.

I'm surprised a sensible girl like you didn't take Heike"s advice sooner! (wink!)

Oh, but I did Jean, just that I keep forgetting to put the buddy thing in my pocket not being used to carrying one about like most of you.
Iīve only had it for a matter of months donīt forget and I donīt phone people on it or they me, that is done on the house phone.
The other little Nokia was only used on holiday for texting or when one of us was in hospital and of course there has never been a situation like this before.

P.S. whoever told you, or whatever give you the idea I am sensible :grin2:

jiwawa 22-03-2020 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3081855)
P.S. whoever told you, or whatever give you the idea I am sensible [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

Well, you kinda think like me so you must be!!

dghr272 22-03-2020 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiwawa (Post 3081857)
Well, you kinda think like me so you must be!!


Iíll wait for a formal medical opinion regarding the pair of you. :wink2:

Terry

jiwawa 22-03-2020 13:38

Ah now Terry, I wouldn't take on both of us together! Not in your weakened state!!

erneboy 22-03-2020 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3081855)
Oh, but I did Jean, just that I keep forgetting to put the buddy thing in my pocket not being used to carrying one about like most of you.
Iīve only had it for a matter of months donīt forget and I donīt phone people on it or they me, that is done on the house phone.
The other little Nokia was only used on holiday for texting or when one of us was in hospital and of course there has never been a situation like this before.

P.S. whoever told you, or whatever give you the idea I am sensible :grin2:

Living where we do one of us will often go off into the countryside with the dogs. It's a vast area so if anything happened to immobilise you it might be weeks before you'd be found. Once or twice I've found I've forgotten my phone and felt very uneasy just in case.


Aplogies Sandra. I didn't realise which thread this was.

I hope you are recovering.

JanHank 22-03-2020 13:49

We have once again managed drifted off a threads purpose, sorry Sandra, but maybe you have also been able to laugh at some of whats been said.

How are you today?

aldra 22-03-2020 15:23

Jan you MUST CARRY YOUR PHONE WHEN OUT ALONE

You never know when an emergency will occur

Iím fine as I said just a bit tired ,

Not a bit possevive about the thread good to hear from you all

Just need to get Pat home now

Spoke with Barry on the phone yesterday , that cheered me up

Keep safe all of you Iím sure if we stay sensible we will all survive this corona scare

Obviously we wonít be going to the remote farm field now, best to stay close to the hospital as advised by the stroke doctor

Not that I think I am in any danger but Iíll take care for a couple of weeks

Alberts fine, as Barry says Albert will probably be the last man standing , pedalling his way round Manchester !!!

Sandra

patp 22-03-2020 15:36

We are just as bad with phones. We only have the little Doro flip top phones and, like others, use them for emergencies. I do try, when I walk the dog, to take mine. I have a little ditty "Tissues (lots!), Toilet (poo) bags, Treats and Telephone". Doesn't always work, though, because I get distracted trotting round looking for everything and the phone is usually miles away from the door :(
When we needed to use them, the other day, out shopping in Pinoso they would not work. I think one of them needed charging or something :(

Jan, which phone did you get? My daughter does not have Apple products and so we are thinking that, if we do change to a smart phone, it will need to be the other kind (Android?) if we are to do face time each other or whatever it is called. It may be a while before I get to see the baby so would be nice to have something visual.

JanHank 22-03-2020 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by patp (Post 3081913)

Jan, which phone did you get? My daughter does not have Apple products and so we are thinking that, if we do change to a smart phone, it will need to be the other kind (Android?) if we are to do face time each other or whatever it is called. It may be a while before I get to see the baby so would be nice to have something visual.

I treated myself to an iPhone Pat, but you donīt have to have an expensive one to be able to use WhatsApp which is downloaded for free or facebooks messenger which comes with a facebook account.

I donīt know if itīs necessary for me to have the iPhone for the photos I take on the phone to go directly into my iPhoto on the PC, but every photo that I take or comes to me on email, whatsApp or messenger goes into my iPhoto.

patp 22-03-2020 16:11

Ah, I thought you got an android. We have an ipad so it would make sense to get an iphone but thought it might make face time, or whatever, easier if daughter and I had the same type of phone. I might switch this thread to the tech part of the site.

Wilmannie 22-03-2020 19:26

Sorry to read this Sandra and hope youíre feeling better today.

aldra 23-03-2020 20:17

Havenít felt so good today

A bit flu-y, chest a bit dry and a cough

But Iíve been cooking all day, Iíd defrosted a kilo of mince, had a load of peppers, aubergines , mushrooms , courgettes

So made a load of stuffed veg and a mousakka , old habits die hard, I
hate to waste food

So Iíve probabally just overdone it a bit

Other than the hospital visits, I went again yesterday as I felt an uncomfortable pressure on the left side of my neck since my Friday episode, blood tests, ecg and they felt all was Ok, Iíve more or less been self isolating

I met with my daughter at the hospital and of course staff

I need to go again tomorrow for my 2 week blood test for the immuno suppresent drugs

We do what we can to self isolate but both of us have hospital appointments

Albert wants to buy special masks, andmaybe he is right

He still cycles and walks the hound on alternative days, his knees are bad, meets no one he says, and I guess the exercise is crucial for him

Me, I have two nurses and two teachers still on the frontline

So Iím far more worried about them than me

I never thought Iíd get to 76, and I canít die young now

A few more years would be a bonus

But what a thing to live through, history in the making , better we never experienced it

But thatís exactly what we are doing

Sandra

JanHank 23-03-2020 21:31

You just reminded me I am also defrosting some mince.
First of all why do we do it, over do things, well you can hardly pack up in the middle of cooking, but Iīd say the thing for you to do would be make one thing at a time, stuff veg today Moussaka tomorrow, too late now.

All these doctor and hospital appointments I know well, I seem to have a lot of spare time on my hands now.

Yes, what a thing for us to live through, although we knew nothing of WW11 we are certainly living through something which, to my mind, is worse than a war, the enemy now is invisible.

I hope we all come out unscathed at the other end.
Stay safe.

barryd 23-03-2020 21:31

Try not to be doing too much Sandra. You have still had effectively a mini stroke. Hats off and good luck to your family on the front line. Respect to them all. Chances are if they do get it they will shake it off as a mild illness.

aldra 23-03-2020 21:57

I really hope the kids will be fine Barry

How are you , you were not feeling well?

Me I have had a few glasses of wine

When in doubt and all that

The meals are cooked, prob need to be frozen or distributed to the kids

I just keep going , I always have

If Iíve got the virus , and I donít think I have, but who knows

At least I will only give it to Albert

And 50 plus years of marriage

Itís time I gave him something

Sandra

barryd 23-03-2020 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldra (Post 3082313)
I really hope the kids will be fine Barry

How are you , you were not feeling well?

Me I have had a few glasses of wine

When in doubt and all that

The meals are cooked, prob need to be frozen or distributed to the kids

I just keep going , I always have

If Iíve got the virus , and I donít think I have, but who knows

At least I will only give it to Albert

And 50 plus years of marriage

Itís time I gave him something

Sandra

I thought I was dying yesterday and not been great today but a bit better however I now have a rash on my lower chest and abdomen as well as flu like symptoms. Because of the rash I requested a call from my GP but he basically said it could be Covid still as they just simply dont understand the effects it has on everyone. Its not always the same. I hope it is Covid now so I can get it out of the way, become immune and maybe help some locals but of course with no flipping testing being done or available there is no way to find out.

I must be ill as I really couldnt face a drink. :(

aldra 23-03-2020 22:32

Bless

Keep well Barry

I need you to be well

Itís about time they knew the symptoms

Never heard mention of a rash before

Sandra

barryd 24-03-2020 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldra (Post 3082325)
Bless

Keep well Barry

I need you to be well

Itís about time they knew the symptoms

Never heard mention of a rash before

Sandra

Probably Covid Ebola then I bet! :(

dghr272 24-03-2020 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryd (Post 3082357)
Probably Covid Ebola then I bet! :(

Trust you to get something complicated, probably been lying dormant since your SAS days in the jungle.

Feel really sorry for Mrs D. :wink2:

Terry

jiwawa 24-03-2020 13:54

So how are you today, Sandra n Barry?

JanHank 24-03-2020 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiwawa (Post 3082451)
So how are you today, Sandra n Barry?


I would like to know how Sandra is,

but donīt keep asking Barry, he just wallows in self pity thereīs no room for yours >:):grin2: Go on Barry tell Jean how you are today.

barryd 24-03-2020 15:58

Terrible. The rash has now become hundreds of itchy spots all over my body, head, neck and face, still feel like death with very little energy and more worrying I can feel an effect on my throat and lungs now tightening a bit. Reading online a rash is not described as a symptom but your immune system can create one if its fighting something else and goes overboard or something like that. What can you do? Nothing it seems.

erneboy 24-03-2020 16:13

Sorry to hear that Baz.

Penquin 24-03-2020 16:25

Could you post a picture of the rash? I will then show the nurse and see what she suggests.....

Admittedly she was a VERY specialist High Dependency Paediatric nurse but rashes were one of their specialities....

But....

Do please choose an area of your skin that will not frighten the horses....

Please...

JanHank 24-03-2020 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryd (Post 3082495)
Terrible. The rash has now become hundreds of itchy spots all over my body, head, neck and face, still feel like death with very little energy and more worrying I can feel an effect on my throat and lungs now tightening a bit. Reading online a rash is not described as a symptom but your immune system can create one if its fighting something else and goes overboard or something like that. What can you do? Nothing it seems.


Did you have chicken pox as a child Barry, this sounds very much like it to me, even what you described to start with fever tiredness, loss of appetite and headache.


https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20351282

barryd 24-03-2020 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penquin (Post 3082507)
Could you post a picture of the rash? I will then show the nurse and see what she suggests.....

Admittedly she was a VERY specialist High Dependency Paediatric nurse but rashes were one of their specialities....

But....

Do please choose an area of your skin that will not frighten the horses....

Please...

I can try. Ill do my chest and face if possible. very few on the arms and legs. Mainly upper body, head and face. I dunno if I had chickenpox. Where the hell would I have picked up that though in recent weeks Ive pretty much been in hiding apart from two trips to the garage for the car and van to be serviced.

JanHank 24-03-2020 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryd (Post 3082527)
I can try. Ill do my chest and face if possible. very few on the arms and legs. Mainly upper body, head and face. I dunno if I had chickenpox. Where the hell would I have picked up that though in recent weeks Ive pretty much been in hiding apart from two trips to the garage for the car and van to be serviced.

How should I know where you might have picked it up, I donīt know where you go to in the evening when everyone thinks your practicing your banjo do I :frown2:

So are the spots as described in the link or not, have you taken a picture and sent to Dave yet, if not for heavens sake send it by PM coz although I've had chicken pox a lot of people still haven't I bet and we donīt want you starting another epidemic.

barryd 24-03-2020 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penquin (Post 3082507)
Could you post a picture of the rash? I will then show the nurse and see what she suggests.....

Admittedly she was a VERY specialist High Dependency Paediatric nurse but rashes were one of their specialities....

But....

Do please choose an area of your skin that will not frighten the horses....

Please...

Alright Ive done my best with a front facing phone camera. They dont show up well but they do look exactly like the ones in the photos in Jans Chickenpox link

I made them thumbnails so as to not frighten too much the casual FACTS browser who might end up hurling up their tea.

Abdomen and chest area

https://i.postimg.cc/F7FFsK3D/20200324-162218.jpg

Bit of closer lower gut area

https://i.postimg.cc/mht8xY6w/20200324-162555.jpg

Miserable face

https://i.postimg.cc/R6SRztL9/20200324-162230.jpg

erneboy 24-03-2020 18:39

Poor Baz.

raynipper 24-03-2020 18:52

Either Worts or galloping knob rot.

Ray.

barryd 24-03-2020 19:24

Ffs :(

Penquin 24-03-2020 19:32

Have you ever had Chickenpox ?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome