Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Off Topic (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/26-off-topic/)
-   -   A bit of a do (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/26-off-topic/238431-bit-do.html)

aldra 21-03-2020 20:01

A bit of a do

Well it seems I had a TIA last night

I was fine, had a coughing fit as I swallowed badly and found I could no longer form the words I needed, very strange, slurred speech in slow motion

The hospital A&E were brilliant, head scan, chest X-ray and heart tracing ,blood tests the stroke doctor was brilliant

It seems my heart has been beating irregularly which can cause blood clots, and he will now monitor my aortic tissue valve, I have had brief recurring periods of dizziness but put it down to the immune suppressant drugs

Now on a modern anticoagulant and hopefully a stroke averted

Deserted in A&E thanks to the corona virus

So every cloud has a silver lining

Im fine just tired

Sandra

barryd 21-03-2020 21:22

Really sorry to hear that Sandra. Take it easy and Keep safe.

erneboy 21-03-2020 21:43

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

dghr272 21-03-2020 23:00

Hope things clear up Sandra, my recent collapse was due to BP postural drop when I was on my feet. BP drops too low when on your feet so the brain shuts down to save you. I felt dizzy just before I tumbled.

The systolic Pressure shouldnt drop more than 20 between a sitting/lying reading and a reading taken after standing for 2 mins, keep an eye on it and take it easy.

Terry

jiwawa 22-03-2020 00:08

Sorry to hear that Sandra but it sounds as if you've been lucky.

I'm not sure how it'll be, later in this virus nightmare, but certainly in the past heart n stroke problems always had great support from NHS.

I guess that's put the kaibosh on your tricycle training - for the moment!

JanHank 22-03-2020 06:58

On heck, what a thing to happen, very scary for you and Albert. I hope you make a quick recovery, maybe the blood thinner will make you feel better all round.

Heike keeps telling me when I am out walking alone with Mot I must remember to take the phone, you have now made me think she is right and must put it on my check list along with checking I have his treats in my pocket. I am guessing you are at home, they didn't keep you any longer that absolutely necessary.

patp 22-03-2020 07:06

Flippin' 'eck girl!

If it helps at all, I was told during all the investigations into the seizure I had last year, that several tia's showed up on my brain scan. They assured me that these are all perfectly normal for a woman of certain age (how very dare they!). Not had any symptoms since that day. I would like to say I am normal but..................

jiwawa 22-03-2020 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3081755)
Heike keeps telling me when I am out walking alone with Mot I must remember to take the phone, you have now made me think she is right

Absolutely Jan - I think that should apply to anyone, particularly if there's no one at home to notice they haven't returned.

I'm surprised a sensible girl like you didn't take Heike"s advice sooner! (wink!)

JanHank 22-03-2020 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiwawa (Post 3081845)
Absolutely Jan - I think that should apply to anyone, particularly if there's no one at home to notice they haven't returned.

I'm surprised a sensible girl like you didn't take Heike"s advice sooner! (wink!)

Oh, but I did Jean, just that I keep forgetting to put the buddy thing in my pocket not being used to carrying one about like most of you.
Ive only had it for a matter of months dont forget and I dont phone people on it or they me, that is done on the house phone.
The other little Nokia was only used on holiday for texting or when one of us was in hospital and of course there has never been a situation like this before.

P.S. whoever told you, or whatever give you the idea I am sensible :grin2:

jiwawa 22-03-2020 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3081855)
P.S. whoever told you, or whatever give you the idea I am sensible [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

Well, you kinda think like me so you must be!!