Payment (or not!) of State Pension - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 14:06 Thread Starter

Payment (or not!) of State Pension

Whilst here in Spain my friend at home has been sending us photos of any mail we receive. A couple of weeks ago she sent us one from DWP in which Chris was asked to confirm his address! If he had moved would he please tell them the new address.
We could have phoned them but opted to have her send the letter here and for him to sign that he was still living at the address they had on record.

I have just been checking our joint account and lo and behold they have not paid his last fortnightly payment!

What on earth is going on?

Two possibilities spring to mind.
One is that the solicitor handling his Asbestosis claim has made contact with the DWP to ask for all his NI records in her efforts to track down all his previous employers and this has caused them to wonder why they are getting enquiries from solicitors. Perhaps she gave a wrong address?
The second is that we are building a bungalow in our garden which, of course, will have a different address. I cannot see how they could know this is happening?

Chris thinks that they are checking if he is still alive and stopped paying him in order to get the quickest response
raynipper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 15:26

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
That is an annual event, if there s ANY suspicion that you might not be living there they stop it and it is often a very lengthy process to get it restarted.

Replying to the letter may work, but often doesn't, similarly ringing them may have a positive outcome but may well not as the call handlers that answer the call do not have the authority to do such things.

The DWP are literally a law unto themselves - it took us 18 months to sort such an event before where they had simply "forgotten" to put the word FRANCE. On the envelope so, needless to say Royal Mail said it was " undeliverable". It therefore sat in their returns box and they could not be ar**d to do anything more.....

Good luck, they may well next send a certificate to prove that you are alive, which requires an official stamp to verify.....
patp likes this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 15:41

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
From our experience this is not an uncommon occurrence, normally they send a form which requires authentication by a person such as doctor solicitor etc.
As Dave mentioned above, on one occasion I also had my pension stopped because they had not received their form back, however for me a phone call explaining I'd never received the form and confirming my French residential address, saw a swift response with a new form to me in a few days which was completed and returned.
My pension and arrears were very quickly paid to my bank.

It seems they simply want confirmation you are still alive.

patp likes this.

John

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 15:42

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
MyState Pension just goes straight into my UK bank account and has done for 6 years.

No questions.
patp likes this.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 16:07

Remember that there's a DWP office in Dereham, by the Council Offices (near Greentrees).

Go and give them an earful when you get back home.

Gordon
patp and Penquin like this.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 16:11 Thread Starter

That is my point, Geoff. Even if we have moved, which we haven't, they should still continue to pay the money into his bank account. If the bank account had been closed I could understand it. Why the address query? Is big brother watching and knows that we are in Spain??? I have been VERY careful not to mention anything on any open social media sites about our holiday plans. I heard that insurance companies are refusing to pay out on houses left empty when the owners splash it all over social media that they are on holiday. Anyway, even if we had moved to another country then why would they stop his pension?
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 16:20

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
MyState Pension just goes straight into my UK bank account and has done for 6 years.

No questions.
Where do they think your official residence is Geoff?

John
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 16:21 Thread Starter

Do us a favour Gordon and go give them an earful
H1-GBV and raynipper like this.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 18:03

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes we get the annual are you still breathing form to be signed by a person of good standing.
I sign my wifes and mine with a flourish and press an official looking stamp of a local builder onto the form. It works.

If they want round pegs in square holes, give em round pegs.!

Ray.
eurajohn, erneboy and britcoms like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-01-2020, 18:16

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I get my chiropodist to stick his stamp on, along with a squiggle it proves I am still here....😊
raynipper likes this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page