Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Netflix

132K views 4K replies 42 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 Ā·
Not everyone is reading my home thread, more people might be interested in Netflix though.
I downloaded it on Monday and have been watching more of "Anne with an E" free of charge :grin2: (I was watching it at HeikeĀ“s). If I want to carry on with Netflix then after 30 days I start to pay 7.99ā‚¬ a month.
"Anne with an e " is "Anne of Green Gables" . in case you didnĀ“t know and I am thoroughly enjoying it, better than all the blood and guts and fantasy stuff Netflix has.
I have never read the book and didnĀ“t realise it all happens in Canada, but I bet there arenĀ“t many who have never heard of the classic.
There are 3 prices for Netflix in this country, maybe the same everywhere I donĀ“t know.

Attachments

See less See more
#2,670 Ā·
I will be interested to hear you have made it to episode 2 Jan. Does not sound very gripping.

Ray.

#2,673 Ā·
Oh thanks G, rub it in won't ya.:(
Many of our friends also piggyback onto their relatives accounts but as yet we don't have that luxury.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ
#2,675 Ā·
Sorry Ray.

I'm sure that you must know someone who has a spare capacity don't you?

It might be changing for us next year as my lad knows of someone who loads an Amazon Firestick with everything for a year at Ā£70. It's dodgy but he knows of mates who have been doing this for years and it works.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper
#2,677 Ā·
Not as yet G. Our two sons don't have a Netflix account and they piggy off their inlaws. Cousins are already full of their family's piggy's.
Somehow it's always us that helps out everyone else but lose out going the other way.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ
#2,685 Ā·
Unfortunately I feel netflix has gone the same way the video industry did in the 80s and early 90s. More content less quality. Big budget promo videos promoting yet more crap. Hordes of series cancelled after one or maybe two seasons. All about maximising profit rather than encouraging quality writing and ideas. I worked as a consultant for one of the biggest car park companies in the UK for a while. Their target parker was someone who just stayed an hour or two. Maybe netflix is the same.

Lets have more of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and True Blood!

#2,686 Ā·
Only have breaking bad.
There are a lot of Spanish, Mexican, Swedish and other foreign stuff that isnā€™t up to scratch, several because of the English translations making the acting sound so bad. I thought Iā€™d try FreeVee tonight and Troppo was the first up.

#2,687 Ā·
We watched a film on Netflix yesterday afternoon called The Forgotten Battle. It is about the battle for Shelde (an area with a river bordering northern France, Belgium and the Netherlands) and shows it through the perspective of 3 characters: British, German and Dutch. It was quite an interesting way to pass a couple of hours.

#2,694 Ā·
We just watched a really good film on Netflix - for the second time - called The King which is about Henry V: his ascension to the throne and culminating in the Battle of Agincourt.

Certainly more entertaining than reading the play :D