Harry and Megan what do we think? - Page 7 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 115 (permalink) Old 18-01-2020, 22:12

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post
So do you mean she shouldn't speak out against racism?
Personally I think they are right to leave the racist UK for a more tolerant country.
I think she shouldn’t , well she would of course speak out against racism

Regardless about what any think

We in Britain are the least racist people

Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 115 (permalink) Old 18-01-2020, 23:32

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post

Sandra
You really think so?!

How come we foster the likes of Yaxley/Lennon (Tommy Robinson)? And UKIP?
erneboy likes this.

Jean
post #63 of 115 (permalink) Old 18-01-2020, 23:58

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Quote:

Sandra
You really think so?!

How come we foster the likes of Yaxley/Lennon (Tommy Robinson)? And UKIP?
Not forgetting the abuse from the football terraces and the sharp rise in hate crime against those that don’t look indigenous English.

Terry

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

post #64 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 07:42 Thread Starter

Sorry Sandra, can't agree. There are large racist elements in our society. It even extends as far as Europe and as close as Scotland and Wales. Such a shame but I think those responsible need a focus in life other than football and the pub

The latest news is that Harry and Megan are going to pay back to the Govt the money spent on Frogmore House. That is good news. Then they are going to give up their HRH titles but Harry retains his Prince title. They are going to live in Canada. That is as much as I can remember from the news last night.

I am glad that they are not going to use their titles to make their way in the world. It does surprise me, though, that Meghan went through all the courtship and lead up to the wedding knowing what Royal life had in store for her and then suddenly decides she does not like it. Of course, it may be her mothering instinct coming out over Archie. She wants to protect him and that is perfectly understandable.

Will be interesting to hear how Harry gets on in the "real" world. Hope he has learned lessons from his uncle Andrew.
Nethernut and Webby1 like this.
post #65 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 08:37

Quote:
I think she shouldn’t , well she would of course speak out against racism

Regardless about what any think

Sandra
Sorry Sandra ,as usual I think you are so wrong. For most of my adult life my closest male friend was black, he came to this country on an arts scholarship and over the years we went to numerous arts events throughout the UK. When you walk through crowds next to a black person it gives one a chance to observe peoples reaction to seeing a non white first hand and believe me it is not pretty to see the hate in a lot of peoples eyes, the UK is a very, very racist country.
Perhaps those that disagree should try blacking up and walk around their local town for the day and see if they feel the same afterwards.........actually I wouldn't advise it to honest.

Actually this argument demonstrates IMO how so wrongly Brits see their own country.
erneboy likes this.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.

Last edited by greygit; 19-01-2020 at 08:46.
post #66 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 09:38

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
This really isn't a subject where debate is needed. Like so much else it has been measured. The UK certainly scores as very racist indeed, only a few countries are worse apparently: https://listovative.com/top-12-most-...-in-the-world/

I'm sure that survey will be dismissed but still it's telling that the UK manages to hold a place as a world leader in racism. Isn't it?

"We in Britain are the least racist people" wherever did you get that idea Aldra?

By the way. Happy birthday. I've no idea why you thought I would avoid saying that.
greygit and raynipper like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #67 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 09:44

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post

Actually this argument demonstrates IMO how so wrongly Brits see their own country.

Couldn't agree more.

I blame the press and what's taught as British history in schools.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #68 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 10:04

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Sad to say but I blame the people who just absolutely refuse to see the evidence in front of them and have absolutely zero self knowledge about their own attitudes..........as we regularly see on here.

They are the kind of people that the active racists rely upon for their strength.

I have admited elsewhere, that in my youth I was fearful and apprehensive about the black people around me. How can I be racist I said when challenged I have a Spanish girlfriend ?????? I had no idea. As I have said, I was racist, but I just did not know it at the time.

Luckily my self knowledge has grown since then and I look back with embarrassment.

For your consideration Aldra............I turn up anywhere in this country or abroad in the motorhome without any thought of problems. I have never seen a black family in a motorhome (I am sure they exist) BUT can you imagine what they have to think about before they would pull up at a campsite and walk into the bar or into a pub.Your comments are pathetic and even more so from someone of your age and experience.
greygit likes this.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #69 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 10:10

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Odd isn't it Peter there are so few coloured people enjoying the motorhome life. Can't say I have seen any in Europe but we came across the odd one or two in the states. One couple also had an Eagle like ours and invited us to park up at their house if we were parking. We fully intended to do just that but had to sell up and come back before we made their home.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #70 of 115 (permalink) Old 19-01-2020, 10:45

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby1 View Post
Sad to say but I blame the people who just absolutely refuse to see the evidence in front of them and have absolutely zero self knowledge about their own attitudes..........as we regularly see on here.

They are the kind of people that the active racists rely upon for their strength.

I have admited elsewhere, that in my youth I was fearful and apprehensive about the black people around me. How can I be racist I said when challenged I have a Spanish girlfriend ?????? I had no idea. As I have said, I was racist, but I just did not know it at the time.

Luckily my self knowledge has grown since then and I look back with embarrassment.

For your consideration Aldra............I turn up anywhere in this country or abroad in the motorhome without any thought of problems. I have never seen a black family in a motorhome (I am sure they exist) BUT can you imagine what they have to think about before they would pull up at a campsite and walk into the bar or into a pub.Your comments are pathetic and even more so from someone of your age and experience.
Are you sure you live in the North, in Lancashire?

There are as many coloured faces as white

The cotton industry depended on them

True I haven’t met many dark skinned MHomers , I haven’t met that many young motor home owners either, the ones I have have usually rented it

I wonder what proportion of our population own a motorhome?

Enough to draw a conclusion on racism do you think.?

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page