Harry and Megan what do we think? - Page 5 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 19:58 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Well not me for sure. I never gave race a second thought although it is odd considering the hostile environment the UK has now deployed that people are up in arms about an actual foreigner "leaving" of her own accord rather than being chucked out. You would have thought the Mail readers would have been packing her bags.
I, too, never gave race a thought. It seems, though, that Meghan is ultra sensitive about the race part of her relationship. She would, of course, be more than aware of certain elements of our press. The rest of us just discount it as the bid to swell the distribution numbers among the media. Most ordinary citizens, in my opinion, do not give her race a second thought. Is she being too sensitive? I read reports that she keeps Archie out of the limelight because certain elements of the press will see features that emanate from his ethnic origins. Well let them! It will come out one day and better that it is while he is unaware than when he is older and, perhaps, more sensitive. He could be a game changer if he grows up into a decent young man and proves all the racists wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 20:13

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
She's just on the wrong side of the fence. In time she'll be like the English people of Asian descent who happily voted to keep foreigners out.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #43 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 20:27

Personal Aire
Non entities

No doubt taxpayers will be picking up the bill for close protection. Why didnt they come out with this decision before millions spent on their official residence.

I am anti rotyal but if we have to have them the taxpayer should only be funding the siting monarch not all the hangers on
erneboy, patp, chasper and 2 others like this.

The Beer Always Wins

post #44 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFeinMcCabe View Post
............... but if we have to have them the taxpayer should only be funding the siting monarch not all the hangers on
I agree 100%. I don't actively dislike them but I can't warm to them or see what right they have to "rule over us". Maybe they're so powerful and wealthy that they could enforce their position? No?

If they want the titles let them keep them because they merit them. How long would that last I wonder?

Brexit has been a remarkable example of the effectiveness of propaganda, but the royals have been using propaganda since long before brexit was thought of.

Take a bow Sheeple. The Daily Mail and Co. will tell you who to hate next while you ensure that freeloading, dysfunctional arses continue to live off you and tell you what you think. Gord Bless the Queen.

Again I say that I have nothing against her, but she has enough money and property to keep herself and her family without levying us to keep her in her position.
greygit and raynipper like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 14-01-2020 at 21:25.
post #45 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 21:24

THEY should be able to do what they want to do BUT without my tax paying for it.

I can definitely see who wears the trousers in this marriage.

Cufc
post #46 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblee View Post
THEY should be able to do what they want to do BUT without my tax paying for it. .
100%.

Trousers? Who gives a fcuk?

post #47 of 115 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 22:31

I'm not a Royalist by any stretch of the imagination and actually got into trouble at secondary school for repeating what my aunt was saying when the Queen visited Durham in 1964 (approx).

HOWEVER the Americans have Heads of State who only "rule" for 8y at the most BUT then have to be protected for the rest of their lives, as do their close families.

So I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole set up.

My oldest two children were both able to spend time at school in Netherlands, where the Crown Prince attended as an "ordinary" pupil. I think that their system and the normality of their Royal Family would be a lot more favourable but I do not think that it is going to materialise, neither suddenly nor slowly.

Gordon
Penquin likes this.
post #48 of 115 (permalink) Old 15-01-2020, 07:30 Thread Starter

I am pretty sure that they are self funding of their lifestyle. The taxpayer has to cough up for all the state duties that they perform. This, we are told, brings in more money in the way of trade and tourism than it costs. I haven't seen the figures but I am sure one of the rags would have exposed it if not true. I think that, generally, they do more good than harm.
I have visited Sandringham and seen rooms where the Queen lives when she is in residence. One is heated by a small electric fire! It is, apparently, the most cost effective way of heating that space rather than the whole house.
post #49 of 115 (permalink) Old 15-01-2020, 10:07

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
https://pagesix.com/2020/01/14/burge...e-harry-a-job/

Too late MacDonalds.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #50 of 115 (permalink) Old 15-01-2020, 10:57 Thread Starter

There is a job running a coffee shop on a remote Irish Island that I saw recently

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page