Harry and Megan what do we think? - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 12:33 Thread Starter

Yes, I think that this has Megan's hand all over it. She has no idea what a rat's nest she is opening up in her bid to gain "privacy". She will have been well warned by "The Firm" and know full well what happened when Diana tried to go it alone but she appears to be a very strong woman. Harry is, perhaps, smitten and can deny her nothing.
Penquin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 14:48

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,023 Times in 888 Posts
Personal Aire
Mrs D reckons she manipulated all this. She never took to her and so far she has been spot on as a judge of character since we met apart from a bit of a lapse when she met me.

Megan or Rachel from Suits as she will always be to me lived in Canada for seven years where they filmed Suits and all her friends are there. So, hooks a prince, fairy tale wedding, become massively famous then split him away from his royal life, go live in Canada with all your pals and an A list royal celeb status. Maybe resume acting career.

It's brilliant! Not so stupid these Americans it seems. We should remember that.
Penquin and raynipper like this.
post #33 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 16:48

I cant help noticing that the blame for this debacle seems be due to Meghan, we are not being racist here are we? Are we being lead by the likes of the Mail etc, after all we are all British and proud of our royal family.......well some of us might be.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.

post #34 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 16:55

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
The Royals just seem to stumble from one catastrophe to another. But then with the media (paparazzi) exposing every facet of their lives cracks are bound to be revealed. I'm sure any 'ordinary' family that hasn't got a few hundred £million to fall back on might be able to be more careful in the public eye.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #35 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 17:20

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
But, how many of the supposed flaws are as a result of the intrusion of the Press ?

If thevpress had not chased Diana would she have died ? NO.

If the driver of her car had not been drunk would she have died ? Probably not.

If the French paramedics had checked her bp would she have died ? They were being pressed and photographed by the Press and were not used to such pressure and may well have made elementary mistakes. So probably not.

If the Press had not taken pics of Kate topless would they have been less worried about the Press ?

If Harry had not been photographed in his birthday suit and it spread, would anyone have known or cared ?

If the Press had not chased Meghan's father would so much have been blown up ? No, the Press contributed to it by seeking the dirt that they could.

If one paper had not allegedly edited a private letter and published it, would anyone have cared ? No, but because they did, it has simply added to the pressure on a young couple.

There are many more examples where, without the Press sensationalising what has happened in many families for hundreds of years, this young family now find themselves cut off from their previous life. It may be Meghan's actions that have resulted in this uproar - she has had more than enough. BUT the Press continue to hound them - a characteristic that has led to the death of their mother and now estrangement from the rest of the family.

What other choice do they have ? NONE.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #36 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 17:32

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
If anyone else had been in the hot water Andy's been in the press would have flayed them alive.

If anyone else had collided with a car knocking it onto it's roof and injuring the occupants they'd have been prosecuted. I'm sure that if I could be bothered to think about it there have been plenty more instances. Let's not mention a king who was openly pro-nazi and a friend of Hitler.

I don't think the press are overly unkind to then in general at all.
patp likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 14-01-2020 at 17:49.
post #37 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 17:44 Thread Starter

But, Dave, she knew all this when she signed up for the deal. It was well known by most of the public anyway and if she had missed it Harry would have filled her in. If you remember Will and Kate split up for a while and that, I always think, was due to cold feet on her part over the life she was signing up for. She decided he was worth it and a jolly good job she is making of it.
I think Meghan is not happy playing second fiddle to Kate in the limelight. She will be finding it harder to change than Kate ever did. Kate had not held down a demanding career and followed her own schedule whereas Meghan was her own woman and had even been married before.
None of the above was unknown to Meghan but she still went ahead and married into the Royal Family in the UK. She needs to get over it.
I have no problem if she wants to go off and do her own thing but she must finance it, with Harry, herself. If that means she has to step away from charity work and earn money then that will have to be the way it goes. Harry, with his military background and his work in "The Firm" will be able to support himself and his family but he can't have it both ways.
I think that if they step away they need to drop their titles and give up the right to use the word "Royal" in any business venture that they pursue.
post #38 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 17:45

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
I have had dealings with the press.

On one particular occasion it was about an executive jet that carried persons to a meeting with a very high persons in a Middle Easr State but disappeared en route.

The press wanted to interview me as the Insurers' representative. I said on the phone 'I will not be able to tell you anything' - 'Oh it is only for background information.'

I only agreed hoping I could get info from him.

After 3-4 pints when I had revealed nothing, he got arsey with me. I just said I told you I could not say anything and left.

I suppose some lawers 'leak,' but not this one.

Geoff
post #39 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 17:52

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,023 Times in 888 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post
I cant help noticing that the blame for this debacle seems be due to Meghan, we are not being racist here are we? Are we being lead by the likes of the Mail etc, after all we are all British and proud of our royal family.......well some of us might be.
Well not me for sure. I never gave race a second thought although it is odd considering the hostile environment the UK has now deployed that people are up in arms about an actual foreigner "leaving" of her own accord rather than being chucked out. You would have thought the Mail readers would have been packing her bags.
greygit and patp like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #40 of 109 (permalink) Old 14-01-2020, 19:08

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We all know when we sign up for the deal Pat

Or think we do

If we did divorce wouldnít so prevalent

Harry is touchy after what happened to his mum , she too was a strong woman , didnít go down well with family though , and they surely knew about Camilla , his dads ď bit on the side ď

If I was Harry Iíd want out to protect my family

But not sure that will be possible

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page