Planet Pollution are we concerned? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

10Likes
  • 2 Post By raynipper
  • 3 Post By barryd
  • 2 Post By patp
  • 3 Post By EJB

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 16-11-2019, 14:53 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Planet Pollution are we concerned?

Planet Pollution.

We are all shitting in our own nest or planet. We all know the damage we are doing but chose to ignore our own defecation. It's very much NIMBY attitudes all round. From constantly buying new items and fashion when the old item is perfectly serviceable but will end up in landfill.

This time of year it starts to reach it's peak with Christmas and the Lemming factor. Adds for stuff we never knew we 'needed' or even knew about. Holidays will soon be advertised with flights and cruises pumping out even more global warming emissions.

We know the problem and even the solution but like serious heroin addicts we can't (or won't) stop even though we are aware of the results and demise of habitat and some inhabitants.

I like to feel I'm at least trying to do my small bit. Maybe not as much as I could as the Green Party shows.
Yes I drive and use electricity but in moderation if I can. I'm not a follower of fashion and recycle as much as we can.

More and more indications of mans effects on our environment are constantly in the news. Fires, floods, allergies and extinctions. Somehow I feel the inevitable results are only concerning a small minority of the population either due to ignorance or affluence.

Are we concerned but fail to change?

Ray.
erneboy and Pudsey_Bear like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 16-11-2019, 17:08

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,017 Times in 882 Posts
Personal Aire
Well said Ray. What I have found odd is the scathing rhetoric against the people like Greta Thunberg the youngsters protesting and extinction rebellion.

You don't hAve to be a big eco green freak but why the condemnation for those people. You would think it would be something we all could agree on. So your late for work because of a protest. It's a pain in the arse im sure but people need to get their priorities right.
erneboy, raynipper and Pudsey_Bear like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-11-2019, 08:53

All this consumerism could be stopped if we banned advertising. My old maths teacher had it right all those years ago. I tried as far as a I could to shield my daughter from it when she was growing up. ITV was always "broken" so that she could not be bombarded with all the latest tat. I tried to keep it balanced so that if she did find out about a particular plastic piece of **** and craved it I would try to source a second hand one. I would then proceed to show her that it was not nearly as much fun as making stuff or playing outside. Trouble is she has married someone who thinks that if does not have a designer label it must somehow be faulty. Hopefully she will bring her new child up differently.

The trouble is that our politicians are all shareholders in the very companies that are pedalling the fashion and tat.

Did I read that they are trying to address the built in obsolescence of white goods? That would be a start. Wherever I worked I instigated a "work uniform". All my colleagues would thank me for it. No more wondering what to wear each day. No more searching the shops for something "different" to wear for work.
erneboy and raynipper like this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-11-2019, 09:15 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
My wife likes all the high number channels like Yesterday, Smithsonian, Sony, Dave More4. But they are crammed with annoying adds so I suggest recording to jump the adds. She says yes and just moves up a channel. I can only record so many.

Ray.

p.s. I hate Amazon.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-11-2019, 11:10
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
I am totally pessimistic about the future for wildlife and even humans.
Even now there are virtually no large mammals outside 'Zoos'....they call them 'Parks' and various other names in different countries.
Money drives the world and always will.
The more we know the less we learn!
erneboy, barryd and raynipper like this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-11-2019, 17:27

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Once we are no more the planet will revive itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pudsey_Bear For This Useful Post:
raynipper (17-11-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page