Does anyone know anything about these houses? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 25-09-2019, 08:04

Yes, Ray, but it was increased quite a lot. It can now be quite a substantial extension I believe. There are criteria attached about neighbour nuisance etc though.
raynipper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 25-09-2019, 12:30

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,018 Times in 883 Posts
Personal Aire
If you wanted to buy or rent some land off a farmer say for example in the UK and stick a static on it or a pine lodge of some description and live in it is it possible? Preferably something with mains electricity, plumbing etc.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 25-09-2019, 15:24

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
If you wanted to buy or rent some land off a farmer say for example in the UK and stick a static on it or a pine lodge of some description and live in it is it possible? Preferably something with mains electricity, plumbing etc.
Only until someone complained and then it would have to be demolished. Unless you called it "A Place of Worship" and then get away with it.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 25-09-2019, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
I think the only way you would get away with it is if you were employed by the farm in question. I think that farmers are allowed to house their employees. A farm near here seems to have two managers as they have recently been granted permission for a second manager's house. I am pretty sure that those houses come with an "agricultural restriction", though, when they are sold, which means they can only be occupied by people engaged in agriculture.

I wonder if we would get away with "night watchman" or "crow scarer"
barryd likes this.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 25-09-2019, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
I think the only way you would get away with it is if you were employed by the farm in question.
However, it's not as simple as you may think. My next-door neighbour ploughed a couple of his 13acres, planted trees and set up as a tree nursery. However he was refused bricks and mortar: only a mobile home with a "duration of your life" clause was allowed.

Another neighbour used his land for poly-tunnels and eventually built a very nice 4-bed house. However, it came with an agricultural restriction and selling it was quite problematic.

Gordon
patp likes this.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 25-09-2019, 18:50

As I understand it you have to submit accounts, now, to prove that the business is a viable one before they will even consider letting you build on agricultural land. Years ago my brother just started breeding rabbits for the meat market and they let him build a bungalow! All changed now as too many people did what he did and gave up the "business" as soon as they got planning approved.
H1-GBV likes this.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 27-09-2019, 07:43

Back to the original question yes they are ok to live in. When we decided to move to Spain we thought we would live in our mobile home until we decided were we would live, on the coast or inland.
We had central heating fitted and this summer an extra aircon unit was added and we still have not decided were we will move to so we will probably stay here for a while as it's very cosy here in our mobile home.

I should add we have recently bought another motorhome so we can explore Spain and Portugal now from our southern habitation point.
erneboy, patp and JanHank like this.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.

Last edited by greygit; 27-09-2019 at 07:46.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 27-09-2019, 07:58 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post
Back to the original question yes they are ok to live in. When we decided to move to Spain we thought we would live in our mobile home until we decided were we would live, on the coast or inland.
We had central heating fitted and this summer an extra aircon unit was added and we still have not decided were we will move to so we will probably stay here for a while as it's very cosy here in our mobile home.

I should add we have recently bought another motorhome so we can explore Spain and Portugal now from our southern habitation point.
Thanks Gitty, any chance of a photo of it? Doesn't get as cold in Spain as in the Rheinland though

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 27-09-2019, 08:31

Jan, if you go to the La Quinta Bella campsite page ( better on facebook) there four Casas for sale with loads of photos.

Re cold, believe me these mobile homes are well insulated and with central heating very cosy.
I think the site is the main deciding factor.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.

Last edited by greygit; 27-09-2019 at 08:34.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 27-09-2019, 08:36 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post
Jan, if you go to the La Quinta Bella campsite page ( better on facebook) there four Casas for sale with loads of photos.
No idea how to do that on facebook

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page