post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 21:13

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
I really donít think that was what she meant

My kids and grandkids adore Albert

More than they adore me

He just is the one , that partners also adore

And I guess they also adore me

Because I cook and feed them, although much less now

But defer to Albert when it comes to family, because I still donít know what family is, how can that be?

Can lack of family as a child transverse all these years?

Me Iím much more outspoken

He is more considered

So they have an outspoken one and a considered one

Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 09:49

You can start the process, slowly, now Sandra.
When we decided to find a bungalow near a bus service for our old age, we had one day a week called "throwaway Thursday " where we just cleared out a cupboard or tidied the shed. Then we would have a trip to the charity shop, auction house or to the tip. Both of us found it surprisingly therapeutic at the time. We could also call on the other one to make that difficult decision.
There is a saying that goes along the lines of "if it does not fill you will joy every time you look at it and it is not in regular use then recycle it to someone else who will appreciate it".

As fate would have it our house sale fell through three times. Twice it fell through on the day we exchanged contracts. We were really convinced that we were moving out each time and so all clutter had gone! I have not missed one item that we "recycled".
Our house now feels like a place we choose to stay while we wait for the next chapter to begin.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 11:41

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
... we had one day a week called "throwaway Thursday [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]" where we just cleared out a cupboard or tidied the shed.
The 'timed' activity certainly works for me. Especially if it regards housework!

I used to do the ironing while watching Cagney and Lacey. When the credits rolled I put away the ironing board whether I'd finished or not! Very liberating! (mind you, I don't do any ironing now, just press damp clothes down my front - that's even more liberating!)

I would also set the timer for, say, 10mins to tidy the kitchen. When the timer went, I was off. It certainly concentrated the mind and the 10mins was used to the full.

Nowadays life is not so hectic so I've got out of the habit. But I did use it when clearing the house.
patp and aldra like this.

Jean

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 15:10

We have done a major clear-out

But as we have a big kitchen therefore lots of storage space I have a big selection of cooking utensils and crockery sets most of then 10 place settings from the time of large family meals

Most I imagine will need to go

The loft is the next problem area although we did make a start on that........just never finished

Fortunately itís a boarded and plastered room, unfortunately itís an ideal storage place

I guess we need to start again ,I donate everything to an animal charity shop

Unless friends and family want them

Most are good enough to sell, but Iím not really into that

Sandra
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 15:21

Jean I iron bedding

But I wash and fold it immediately itís dry so ironing is a doddle

Other clothes are dried on hangers, and then ironed by tossing them in the dryer , replaced on hangers whist still warm ......ironing done

I do iron his shirts though

I find the use of fabric softener cuts down creasing , in fact I dampen a microfibre cloth with neat softener and toss that in the dryer with the dry clothes, works a treat

Sandra
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 17-10-2019, 22:54

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Jan, you'll be surprised how fast year one goes. I still keep thinking "I must tell S. about that" and then remember I can't in the literal sense. My house is still not sold so I'm still stuck behind the proverbial donkey cart on life's freeway. But I keep telling myself there's probably a very good reason that is not obvious to me yet (as in the value of the rand will soon increase by 20%) or maybe buying a house in the UK is not the right decision - it may be somewhere else yet to be dreamt of. It's not always easy to get motivated when on one's own and the autumn weather, which is positively arctic to me, is a bit uncomfortable. Tedious jobs like sorting paperwork, bills, insurance, bank stuff is hard to get started on. I'm at my best in company so I seek it out even if it just means talking to someone on the bus or in a cafe. I had a wonderful hour long chat with a woman I shared a table with in M&S cafe on Saturday. Talked about everything under the sun. Bottom line is there's no way back. It's a tunnel but there is light at the end, in fact there's light the whole way down the tunnel. It's one way and we have to go forwards, day by day, week by week.You can do it! We all can.
patp, raynipper, aldra and 1 others like this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanHymer For This Useful Post:
JanHank (17-10-2019)
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 18-10-2019, 17:50

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanHymer View Post
Bottom line is there's no way back. It's a tunnel but there is light at the end, in fact there's light the whole way down the tunnel. It's one way and we have to go forwards, day by day, week by week.You can do it! We all can.
Ain't that the truth!

Where are you at the moment Viv?

Jean
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 18-10-2019, 23:36

Yep Jan

We travel down a different tunnel

As Viv says itís one way, and no way back , but it is lit most of the time

Yours I feel is harder but you can and will do it

Sandra
JanHank likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page