Motorhome Facts Forum banner

I am so sorry

2K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  HermanHymer 
#1 · (Edited)
I keep reading how dreadful the weather is over there, I truly wish it were possible to send you a few degrees of our heat, 33° here yesterday at 5pm. I kept The curtains shut to keep the heat out, Motley and I didn't go outside the door much until it was dark and at 1.30 am it was still 21°c out there, warm enough for daytime.

The grass is burning up through lack of rain. Today 6° cooler it says with light rain, bet it doesn't fall on our garden, not that light rain would do any good, dry before it hits the spot in the heat.

#4 ·
Been very reasonable here in La Manche for weeks. Only the odd day of showers and longest day on Friday looks like been a very comfortable 18c and sun.

Ray.

#6 ·
Although we have had some rain, here in East Anglia, it has been very much needed. Everywhere is so green and lovely it really lifts the spirits every day when we go out walking Georgia. Temperatures forecast to rise next week.

Jan, would Motley stand, or lie, on a wet towel? We used to use them, when I worked in kennels, to keep cats cool as they will not paddle either. Sometimes we draped them over the top of the kennel.
We have a small river just a short walk, down the bridle path, from us where Georgia can enjoy a cooling dip. Of course, if we were really, really indulgent pet parents we would allow her to swim in our pond but, as it is knee deep in mud, that is not going to happen!

#7 ·
He doesn't seem to feel the heat Pat, never looks stressed or puffed, we don't play with him to his discussed, but he tries to insist looking at us with those lovely blue eyes. We tell him, "we know what is best for you."

#8 · (Edited)
Needless to say it's been scorchio here in Murcia for some time so dog walks in early morning but there are two streams on our inland walk so dogs jump in to cool down.....eaven the whippet! The rest of the day its shutters and curtains drawn with fans a go, forecast is 40C plus next week so aircon will be used then. Odd thing is though Nancy our Spanish dog seems to feel the heat more than Pearl our whippet who still lies out in the sun......typical whippet I supose.

Reactions: JanHank
#12 ·
Normandy has been pretty dry for weeks now. Just the odd shower. But I feel we are going to get some tonight.

Ray.

#16 ·
Yep, California, Rome and Japan always sunny and get more than their fair share of quakes.

Ray.

Reactions: nicholsong
#35 ·
Here halfway between Beccles and Bungay on the Norfolk/Suffolk border I went out this morning wearing a long sleeved shirt, a knitted gilet, a lightly padded jacket, jeans, socks and trainers. Bring on the global warming NOW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.