Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Archie

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
Harrison Mounbatten Windsor.😕

#16 ·
His old man looks okay to me Jan, at least not looking a fop like his brother.

#11 ·
Sorry - but the only 'famous' Archie that resonates in my head is Archie Andrews and his keeper Peter Brough - I'm getting too old for this ...........

:smile2:

#12 ·
Sorry - but the only 'famous' Archie that resonates in my head is Archie Andrews and his keeper Peter Brough - I'm getting too old for this ...........

:smile2:
The dummy was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the name as well Keith 😊

#20 ·
I think Archie is a diminutive ( I think that's the right word if not I dare say there will be a rush to correct me )
Of Arthur
In my grandsons case it's a diminutive of Archer

Which is doubt a diminutive of Arthur too
Sandra
It's obviously a diminutive of Archibald not Arthur.

Reactions: aldra
#18 ·
From the way they have shown all the baby's names it would seem that the surname is Mountbatten-Windsor and not just plain Windsor. How do the royals manage to alter their names so easily? William and Harry had the surname Wales not so long ago when they were serving in the army.

#19 ·
I think that Archie is the diminutive of Archibald. It is being reported, however, that he is not named Archibald just Archie. I quite like it.

There was something, too, about the Mountbatten-Windsor name in the paper. It is the formal name for those not likely to make it to the throne. The Queen decided it quite a long time ago apparently. Was it something to do with distancing the royals from some of their ancestors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.