Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Game of Thrones

3K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
Anyone watching the new series

Found the 1st two episodes a bit slow but I expect they were just re introducing the characters

This weeks episode , well I couldn’t make much out as it it’s set in the dark and shadows so I struggled to identify the characters

Anyone else found it difficult to follow

Sandra

#2 ·
not difficult to follow but I found episode three both too dark (especially watching it on a laptop) and a tad unrealistic and over the top. Ok I know none of it is realistic but none of it stacked up really at times. Still loved it though. Was pleased to see who the hero of the hour turned out to be though. One of my favourite characters (Without giving anything away).

I have a feeling the last three episodes will be a good conclusion though then you can go and watch the entire thing again as I suspect there will be loads of stuff we all missed or didnt get first time around. Im trying to persuade Mrs D to watch a couple of episodes of the first season, see if she would get into it.

#5 ·
Seeing as all the people I know seem to think it's the dogs, I set it up on Virgin last night, got settled in to watch episode one series one, and we have to pay for it, err, no chance, so deleted the series link

#6 ·
Narrrrr, can't spare the time Baz. Too many problems on AOL and Wi-Fi extenders to waste it on games.

Ray.

#13 ·
It's not the gory bits Jan

But the build up of the stories of the families , the books are brilliant , G R R Martin

The wolves from the Beginning you would love as their lives are woven amongst the children of one family, found as abandoned pups and linked to each child and sorrow when the wolves die as a result of intrigue and an omen to their owners

Only two left now

The last episode was very much like the the battle in Lord Of the Rings

As light relief you could watch How to train your Dragon

Toothless is fantastic

I watched lord of the rings, the whole series, when my eldest grandson was younger,

Gained much kudos as I'd read the books and knew all the characters , J .R. Tolkien

And now he's 22, and sometimes arrives out of the blue to spend the night , and suggest we watch lord of the rings together , memories

But start with The Hobbits , film or book

Or not

I love fantasy, dragons

And there are no unicorns in Game of Thrones Barry

Sandra

#14 ·
Couldn't possibly watch or read anything like that, although I did watch a couple of Harry Potter films a few years ago with a little girl and her Mum when they stayed here otherwise I wouldn't dream of watching it.

#17 ·
Wel it's time you did girl

It's time you step out of your comfort zone

Find out a new gender

Watch dragons soar

The dead rise

Or even toothless , in train your dragon

Who young Albert thought looked like a cat , a cat he loved

It's fantasy

And who doesn't need a bit of fantasy

But weave between it and it's real life

Sandra

#15 ·
Yep, Hobbit, Ice Age, How to train your Dragon and Shrek are all acceptable but gratuitous blood letting violence imho isn't.

Ray.

#22 ·
I've told you to stop doing that Liz gets very jealous.

Reactions: SimonM
#27 ·
But back to the game of thrones

Read the books

But failing that watch the series

Jan it’s fantasy not fantasying

There is a difference

I love fantasy, I move and Imagine

Dragons

Of course they are not real

But imagine if they were

Sandra

#30 ·
Everyone seen the grand finale then?

I wont say too much in case you havent. Episode 5 though! Flipping heck. Quite a body count.

The ending seemed a bit all over the place to me but reasonably satisfying. I felt sorry for the Dragon though. :D

Apparently there will be a prequel.

#38 ·
Everyone seen the grand finale then?

I wont say too much in case you havent. Episode 5 though! Flipping heck. Quite a body count.

The ending seemed a bit all over the place to me but reasonably satisfying. I felt sorry for the Dragon though. :D

Apparently there will be a prequel.
Don't worry about the dragon, we have him safe :wink2:

Reactions: barryd
#36 ·
I thought the finale (if it can be called that) was shockingly bad and I see that many critics have said the same. I'm adding my name to the petition for a re-make to be done. To think that I've spent eight years watching it for that load of sentimental nonsense to be broadcast upsets me greatly!

#39 ·
I wouldn't say shockingly bad but definately disappointing, Jon Snow should have been King of the world! The finale clearly leaves it open for many spin offs, Aria becoming Christopher Columbus etc

#37 ·
So your unhappy with the result Peter.??:surprise::wink2:

Not that I have seen any of it.

Ray.

Reactions: peribro
#40 ·
It was bound to a bad finale. Firstly pressured by the networks no doubt to ensure it was finished in a rush (£15m per episode?) . Secondly written by writers who had no knowledge of how GRRM intended the ending to happen as he’d not yet written it. I can’t wait to get the final book. Disappointed as it was poorly written.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.