The Crown - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 26-01-2019, 19:26 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
aldra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bury lancashire
My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Posts: 30,450
Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 513 Times in 493 Posts
The Crown

Watching it with fascination

Never was a royalist

But now I know why

What a load of pretentious idiots

The queen

Possibally a touch better than most

But really what gives her the right to feel superior

An accident of birth ?

Sandra
raynipper and Webby1 like this.
aldra is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 07:16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 6,552
Thanks: 191
Thanked 280 Times in 275 Posts
Ah but does she feel superior?

Would she rather have been just a naval wife?
patp is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 09:16
EJB
Senior Member
 
EJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Suffolk (By choice)
My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Posts: 4,355
Thanks: 41
Thanked 139 Times in 129 Posts
Imagine that on your birth you are given a list of everything you are going to do for the rest of your life?

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
EJB is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 09:21
Senior Member
 
caulkhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Isle of Wight
My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Posts: 2,106
Thanks: 197
Thanked 128 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Watching it with fascination

Never was a royalist

But now I know why

What a load of pretentious idiots

The queen

Possibally a touch better than most

But really what gives her the right to feel superior

An accident of birth ?

Sandra
We've enjoyed the two series so far and look forward to the third. Olivia Coleman is playing HRH in the next series which should be good.

It's just a drama though. The events are real, well most of them, but the conversations are imagined and the portrayal of the individual characters will be a mix of what has been observed from old newsreel, what the director wants and the talents that each actor brings to their role. Their portrayal may be accurate, but it could just as easily not be!

From what I have read you can find, in equal measure, those who dismiss the whole thing as inaccurate rubbish, and those who praise the series for its honesty and accuracy.

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!
caulkhead is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 10:12
Senior Member
 
teljoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: barnston, essex
My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Posts: 992
Thanks: 81
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by caulkhead View Post
We've enjoyed the two series so far and look forward to the third. Olivia Coleman is playing HRH in the next series which should be good.

It's just a drama though. The events are real, well most of them, but the conversations are imagined and the portrayal of the individual characters will be a mix of what has been observed from old newsreel, what the director wants and the talents that each actor brings to their role. Their portrayal may be accurate, but it could just as easily not be!

From what I have read you can find, in equal measure, those who dismiss the whole thing as inaccurate rubbish, and those who praise the series for its honesty and accuracy.
I shall probably watch it sometime but will not forget it is only a drama. In my opinion the real Queen has actually served us all of her life and we will be the worse for it when she's gone.
Is there anyone out there who would wish to have their whole life, hour by hour, planned for you. I don't know how she does it.
Terry (an obvious royalist)
barryd likes this.

Teljoy
teljoy is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 10:54
Senior Member
 
barryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Posts: 30,153
Thanks: 332
Thanked 1,173 Times in 1,019 Posts
Personal Aire
I agree with Terry. The Queen is wonderful. I enjoyed that series although I think I still have a season to watch.

I enjoyed "Victoria" more though but mainly because I seriously fancy Jenna Coleman. We watched them film some of it over a weekend last summer at Flamborough Head.


Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
barryd is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 12:43 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
aldra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bury lancashire
My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Posts: 30,450
Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 513 Times in 493 Posts
I have high hopes for Dianaís two lads

But even then Iím not holding my breath

Still an accident of birth

A bit like the hereditary lords

The queen in my opinion should have retired by now

Then she could enjoy being ďa retired naval wifeĒ

In opulent surroundings

I donít think Iíll be converted to a Royalist though

Sandra
aldra is online now  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 18:07
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,012
Thanks: 390
Thanked 125 Times in 123 Posts
We were in London last weekend with some friends, and we came across them filming the 4th
season of The Crown along the Mall.
They had finished filming season 3 last year.

I had`nt seen any episodes of it so we watched a few during the week,its not bad so may carry on and watch some more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190120_111430_resized.jpg (682.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20190120_113212_resized.jpg (642.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20190120_141557_resized.jpg (443.1 KB, 8 views)
jo662 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 18:22 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
aldra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bury lancashire
My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Posts: 30,450
Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 513 Times in 493 Posts
Of course itís not real

The conversations are not real

But in my opinion they are more real than not

Sorry

More servants than royalty

I guess it helps the workforce

But who is paying for it ?

I get the changing of the guard

Attracts visitors

But I hope the royals pay for horses, hunting , balls ect

When many of their subjects are homeless and using food banks to make ends meet

Sandra
aldra is online now  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-01-2019, 20:16
Senior Member
 
caulkhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Isle of Wight
My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Posts: 2,106
Thanks: 197
Thanked 128 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Of course itís not real

The conversations are not real

But in my opinion they are more real than not

Sorry

More servants than royalty

I guess it helps the workforce

But who is paying for it ?

I get the changing of the guard

Attracts visitors

But I hope the royals pay for horses, hunting , balls ect

When many of their subjects are homeless and using food banks to make ends meet

Sandra
I'm in two minds about the Royal Family. One thing I'd be prepared to bet on though, is that if we were a Republic there would be just as many homeless and just as many relying on food banks......
erneboy, raynipper, jo662 and 1 others like this.

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!
caulkhead is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome