What are we breeding? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 13:34

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Who says it was kids who dished up this atrocity.
The vandalism of the RAF memorial was one of four such incidents last night.
I think something more serious is going on. I also think, taking into consideration the siting of these memorials and the proliferation of CCTV coverage that the authorities know who the perpetrators are but for some reason are not making it public.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 13:38

Again, no sympathy with vandalism etc BUT Dresden was simple retaliation: it wasn't designed to help end the war - the Nazis were in retreat and civilian losses were huge.

"Unfortunately, records show that the first intentional “area bombing” of civilians in the Second World War took place at Monchengladbach on 11 May 1940 at Churchill’s orders (the day after he dramatically became prime minister), and four months before the Luftwaffe began its Blitz of British cities."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...ts-people.html

Horrible thing, war, and it is so easy to view "us" as the victors through rose-tinted glasses.

Gordon
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 16:53 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok View Post
He killed my folk we killed theirs, but bomber Harrison took it too far, in the firestorm there was no escape as the up draught sucked folk off their feet and into the firestorm no escape, death by someone hundreds of feet in the air completely removed from what is happening on the ground, same with Hiroshima and Nagasaki, terrible thing war.. But who are we to criticize those times just learn from them. ray.

Tell that to 5 million Jews or 20 million Russians.

Turning the other cheek just dont work and the only thing aggressors understand is more aggression. As Kenny Everett said "Bomb the Bastards".

How can anyone say this or that was just too much in the heat of WW2.? Especially towards the end when we learn of so many atrocities.

Ray.
Spacerunner and iandsm like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Tell that to 5 million Jews or 20 million Russians.

Turning the other cheek just dont work and the only thing aggressors understand is more aggression. As Kenny Everett said "Bomb the Bastards".

How can anyone say this or that was just too much in the heat of WW2.? Especially towards the end when we learn of so many atrocities.

Ray.
Of course you are right, sadly. But in the greater scheme of things and history how will the we be judged, I am glad it was our previous generation, my uncle Bob a career soldier from school at 14 until he retired as a Regimental Sergeant Major stationed in the Raj for most of his time in the army, the most soft spoken gentle man you could meet, but!, how many people did he kill while at the Indian uprising and second world war .

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 17:07

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Sir Arthur Harris didn't make the decision to bomb Dresden the Joint Intelligence Committee suggested targets and Dresden, Chemnitz and Leipzig were added to Bomber Command's target list. Secretary for Air Sir Archibald Sinclair signed off on the inclusion.

Vandalising memorials is a disgrace.
raynipper likes this.

Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.
Joseph Goebbels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page