What are we breeding? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 21-01-2019, 22:23

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Personal Aire
Quite simply, these low lives are not fit to kiss their boots.

We as a country are too soft.....we mollycoddle people too much

Simply bring back the birch and the noose and within days this country will be back on the straight and narrow, or at the very least 90% better than it is now.

I remember back in the 80's we had a local murder......it was on evry front page and tv news programme....nowadays a murder appears on page 12 in small print.

BRITAIN....NO LONGER GREAT !
pagey, raynipper and yarmouth like this.

We LOVE Our "MO"

Dave & Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 21-01-2019, 22:35 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Maybe after March 29th. we will see old Victorian values reinstated??? About the only good thing possible from Brexit.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 22-01-2019, 07:50

It takes a village to raise a child.

A village would consist of many different characters and one of them would “connect” with a child if the main carers were failing. The school would know every child and their background. The village bobby would step in where necessary.

It all started to go wrong when we moved away from that environment and made everything bigger. Housing estates, schools, factories all became soulless. People no longer felt that they belonged and worried about the censure of their community.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 22-01-2019, 08:34

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
NO RESPECT Senseless yobs hurl white paint over RAF’s Bomber Command memorial – vandalising it for FOURTH time in six years

The Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park, central London, has been vandalised four times since it was opened by the Queen in 2012

By Richard Wheatstone
21st January 2019, 10:34 am
Updated: 21st January 2019, 5:02 pm

BRAINLESS yobs have sparked fury by hurling paint over a memorial to airmen who died fighting for Britain in the Second World War - for the fourth time in just six years.
The Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park, central London, was covered with white paint overnight.
TWITTER/MAJORPAULSMYTH

A picture of the damage was shared by Lt Col Paul SmythGet the best Sun stories with our daily Sun10 newsletter

Your information will be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Police are investigating and CCTV is already being trawled by Scotland Yard.
The £7 million bronze statue was built to honour the 55,000 men of Bomber Command who lost their lives defending their country.
But the memorial has already been damaged four times since it was opened by the Queen in June 2012.
A photograph from Lt Col Paul Smyth showed the heartbreaking damage to the sculpture in a tweet captioned: "Utterly tragic. #lestweforget ."
Others have expressed their horror after the image was shared this morning.
Stephen Pringle wrote: "Paint can be cleaned, the sacrifice made by the young men of Bomber Command endures, and will endure. I fear there is still too little understanding of what they went through."
Half of all airmen lost their lives fighting the Nazis

The RAF Bomber Command was founded in 1936 to act as a deterrent against aerial attacks but the outbreak of war three years later saw it thrust to the frontline of the fight against Nazi Germany.
Bomber Command crews suffered tragically high casualty rates - with almost one in two losing their lives.
Of 125,000 recruits, more than 55,500 were killed, another 8,400 were injured and nearly 10,000 became prisoners of war.
The airmen showed incredible courage, often flying at night against a gauntlet of German fighters and anti-aircraft fire.
In the closing months of the war, operations shuch as the raid on Dresden in February 1945 saw the city destroyed and thousands of civilians killed.
The attacks had a devastating effect on the German war effort and helped bring about victory for the allied forces.

Philippa Ratcliffe added: "The mind numbing senselessness of this makes me speechless and bloody angry."
Jo Collins said: "Absolute f****rs. This really makes my blood boil."
The memorial was attacked by thugs who daubed 'Islam' in red graffiti in May 2013.
The vandalism came just days after Fusilier Lee Rigby had been murdered on the streets of Woolwich, South East London.
The damage took around £7,000 to repair.
Andrew Patterson, 31, later pleaded guilty to vandalising the memorial.

It took these boys (that's what they were) years to be recognised and the b******s do that to their memory. I can't describe what I would like to do to them.
Terry
pagey and raynipper like this.

Teljoy
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 22-01-2019, 09:00

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Naming and shaming won't work nowadays Ray, they wear it like a badge, just watch any of the policing programs on TV where they catch the scrotes on TV, they are all smiles.

We need stronger policing and stronger judgments, followed by tough sentences in tough prisons.
pagey likes this.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 22-01-2019, 10:44

I don't condone vandalism in any shape and feel sorrow for anyone who lost loved ones in Bomber Command (or any other field of conflict where libertarian values were being upheld).

HEAD ABOVE PARAPET TIME: Bomber Command came in for a lot of flak (pun intended) over recent years because of the severity of air raids on civilian targets in Germany. PERHAPS this daubing of paint is some misguided person's response when coming across this sort of information? Bear in mind that it will be the 75th Anniversary of D-Day this year and of the Dresden bombings next year, so there may be greater media attention paid to this aspect of WWII. Not necessarily "mindless" behaviour?

As I said, I don't condone it BUT there may be a reason behind it.

As Aldra writes, the vast majority of young folk wouldn't do this and it is important to keep that in mind.

And history should teach us that "may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" has some meaning, and transporting petty criminals to the far ends of the Earth didn't stop criminal actions.

Gordon
aldra likes this.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 22-01-2019, 11:01

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 22-01-2019, 12:42 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Dresden keeps being brought up as a bomb too far. Why??
What about London and the blitz killing thousands, what about Coventry, Liverpool, Southampton, etc. etc.

How come we should feel anything about Dresden when so many of our cites were leveled.?

After all they did start it.
Like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I personally would have put one on Tokyo just to see how their Emperor fared.

Ray.
pagey and yarmouth like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 12:21

He killed my folk we killed theirs, but bomber Harrison took it too far, in the firestorm there was no escape as the up draught sucked folk off their feet and into the firestorm no escape, death by someone hundreds of feet in the air completely removed from what is happening on the ground, same with Hiroshima and Nagasaki, terrible thing war.. But who are we to criticize those times just learn from them.

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-01-2019, 13:16

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
How come we should feel anything about Dresden when so many of our cites were leveled.?

Ray.
Maybe that's exactly why Ray - our own experience should inform our empathy. Otherwise the tit-for-tat gets totally out of hand.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page