Manston airfield as an alternative/addition to operation stack? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 13:16 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
I am REALLY starting to think that just maybe we ARE going to simply walk away with a nodeal at the end of March!

Mainly because our EU masters are determined to make things as difficult for/punish the U.K. for leaving AND even more importantly, to deter the other countries who are unhappy with the way things are heading from doing likewise.

Plus of course they are going to have a big problem filling the huge gap in the EU’s finances that will happen once the U.K. stops its enormous contribution.

It’s little use speculating because, sadly, we “little people” are basically being ignored by the very people we elected to carry out our wishes.

It will be what it is on 30th March, I have no real idea what will happen either way, and MORE importantly neither does anyone else. Many have theories, but that’s all they are because this situation has NEVER happened before to anyone.

I do feel a bit sorry for St Theresa, no matter WHAT she does many will consider it all wrong anyway.

Interesting times eh??

Andy
patp and Matchlock like this.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, it’s in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with

Last edited by Mrplodd; 05-01-2019 at 13:18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 13:30

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Sorry Andy but May is just a blinkered power crazy plank........ imho. And whose legacy will allowing the biggest cockup of all time.

Ray.
pagey, erneboy and JanHank like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 14:16

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Do the government not monitor social media anymore? They are a laughing stock. Their phoney no deal preparations are just getting ripped to bits everywhere. Surely even Brexiteers cant be happy with us pishing millions of pounds against the wall for all this nonsense of pretend traffic jams and fake ferries.

To quote Ploddy's article. "The entire southbound carriageway of a 13-mile stretch of the M20 in Kent will be sectioned off during the operation. It would be used to hold 2,000 lorries in the event of severe cross-Channel congestion. Two affected Tory-run councils have previously warned that the ‘temporary solution’ would in fact last many years."

As I mentioned there are 12000 lorries a day going through Dover so 2000 is just four hours worth (They dont run all night I dont think either). Just a two minute delay at dover for these lorries will lead to a 17 mile jam and the paper work for just one lorry could be two inches thick according to port officials.

No amount of finger crossing, employing fake ferry companies or buying up disused air fields or hoping for some new magic technology will get around the fact that we are in the Customs Union and Single Market for a very good reason when it comes to the movement of goods and people. Without it Dover and the Tunnel is pretty much Fubared. Still, if its the will of the people huh.
erneboy, raynipper and JanHank like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:45

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
They've been setting the lorries off from Manston 25 at a time. They have just over 90 of them.

We'll hear about how it goes later. Greyling will say it all went very well no doubt.

Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.
Joseph Goebbels
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 14:08

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
According to the BBC only 87 turned up...

In other words just over half what they wanted is what they got.....

I wonder if that is indicative of other wishes they have held. ?

I flew frequently from as it was then RAF Manston in Chipmunks for Air Experience flying with the ATC in the late 1960's. We also did .22 shooting at the range there. It was certainly a paved runway and the Chipmunk needed about 500 m of the length.... It took off at 45 knots and landed at 55 knots. Very much a lovable aircraft to fly IMO.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 14:42

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Apparently one of the wagons was a Thanet bin wagon. They should have stuck Chris Grayling in that and Brexit and dumped it in the channel.
raynipper likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 22:41

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
According to the BBC only 87 turned up...

In other words just over half what they wanted is what they got.....

I wonder if that is indicative of other wishes they have held. ?

I flew frequently from as it was then RAF Manston in Chipmunks for Air Experience flying with the ATC in the late 1960's. We also did .22 shooting at the range there. It was certainly a paved runway and the Chipmunk needed about 500 m of the length.... It took off at 45 knots and landed at 55 knots. Very much a lovable aircraft to fly IMO.

Dave, we had Cessna 152s and 3 Chipmunks at flying school at Perth. The Chipmunks did not have heaters FFS, in Scotland at 5,000' in January, and the students came down shivering. - 'Loveable'? kiss my .....

A bit like the nostalgia of flying to Majorca in the '50s in a Dakota compared with a Boeing 737-800 or an Airbus 321 now.

Geoff
HurricaneSmith likes this.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 20:23

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quite possibly and agree no heater but at Manston you were wearing so much clobber you were well known insulated and, of course, youngsters don't notice the cold as it was only for 30 minutes or so and doing aerobatics in the Chipmunk took your attention well away from body temperature....

Starting was always interesting with the cartridge driven Coffman (?) starter...... certainly made you jump - from memory they carried a dozen cartridges so that was the limit - although the engine was kept running all day as AEF did not stop.....

But of course those were the "good old days" talked about on another thread with the smogs, power cuts, rubbish piles and so on either behind or before us....

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page