Motorhome Facts Forum banner

My little Fairy

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  HermanHymer 
#1 · (Edited)
Liquid bottle >:)

I would love to have a new one, because the top has broken, but I don't think they are Made in this size anymore. It must be nearly 40 years old, ideal size (170 ml) for the caravans and now the Navajo.

Whats your oldest camping treasure? (not counting the other half >:))

See less See more
#5 ·
Joyce seems to think that she has a top that might fit Jan.

We use to have two of them from camping, caravanning and motorhome days, One in the kitchen and I had the other filled with an industrial hand cleaner for washing my greasy hands after cleaning the BBQ etc.

A picture of the open top would help please, I've been given instructions to Look in the "Box in the Cellar"

#6 ·
Is it worth the bother Drew?

If you've been down in the cellar to find it then does it look like this one, I'm sure it must be if you have the same 170 ml bottles.
It's a push on top, I have to use the side of a knife to get the top off to refill it.

Seems a bit funny sending a bottle top all the way to Germany.

#7 ·
Reactions: JanHank
#10 ·
The Tricky Dicky - for getting tops off jars. Otherwise I have to go jar in hand, looking dumb and blonde (easy on both counts) to ask the guy in the next van to open it for me. Nothing to do with the angle of dangle. It's a a round thin flat plastic disc with ridges on it in a daisy pattern. When folded over a jam jar lid (or similar) it gives a good grip and gets is moving.

Reactions: JanHank
#15 ·
We have one of those Pat, the shelf protector stuff next to it is equally as good, and we always have plenty of that in the van anyway.

Attachments

Reactions: HermanHymer
#18 ·
No Jan, it's like a saucer-size, round, flat, flexible, plastic place mat with a daisy pattern on it that grips. Sorry I did have one in the house but it's gone walkabout. Guess I'll have to get another one now my handy, strong, kitchen assistant has gone.:wink2:

#16 ·
We have one of these but Liz has packed it away, it's a bigger one so does larger jars too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.