Multitasking fallacy. - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 17:46

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Well you would

Traitor

Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 18:11

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,006 Times in 871 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Yes it is, he sits on it all day, now me I'm on my feet most of the time, although I'm not at the moment coz I deserve my bum to be on a seat for half an hour.
Actually nothing could be further from the truth. Yes if I am doing remote support, I can do that without getting out of bed or from the back of the van with a laptop. I migrated my biggest client in a huge building over three floors recently to a new system over a long weekend without leaving the house. However if your onsite doing such things which thankfully doesnt happen as often these days your seldom sat on your backside long and end up running around from desk to desk, floor to floor and probably under desks and in cabinets all day long. Its like spinning plates sometimes. I Cant do it anymore anyway. Im just broken.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 18:27

Barry

Iím with you love

Knackered knees and gout take no prisoners

Floor to floor Iím well out

And of course Iím a year or two older than you

But I doubt the pain feels any different

Sandra
barryd likes this.

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 19:59

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Try working in IT if you want to find out about multi tasking, especially on a large network. If you just did one job at a time you would be out of business pretty quickly and you still have to find time to come on here while your watching stuff reboot or download.

I couldnt agree more Barry. Today I had to reload Firefox on OH's laptop which he hadn't used for 6 months. Went and made lunch and ate it while it was downloading via the thin straw which is used as broadband here.

I firmly subscribe to the principle of 'pink jobs and blue jobs'.

Blue jobs include bin duty, dishwasher duty, washing machine duty, his ironing, basic grocery shopping, repair anything that requires tools, phone for handyman, gardener and car washing supervision. etc.

Pink jobs - money management, birthday cards and gifts, disposing of personal garments which are past their sell-by-date, repair and alter clothes, acknowledge missives from family, bathrooms and toilets, cooking, buying fancy foods and complementary items for the basics, planning 'her' motorhome trips, sort out defaulting suppliers, insurance companies, receiver, technology training and management, change sheets and towels on cue, etc.etc

Funny my list seems to be twice as long!!

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 20:22

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Actually nothing could be further from the truth. Yes if I am doing remote support, I can do that without getting out of bed or from the back of the van with a laptop. I migrated my biggest client in a huge building over three floors recently to a new system over a long weekend without leaving the house. However if your onsite doing such things which thankfully doesnt happen as often these days your seldom sat on your backside long and end up running around from desk to desk, floor to floor and probably under desks and in cabinets all day long. Its like spinning plates sometimes. I Cant do it anymore anyway. Im just broken.
I feel so sorry for you.

What happened to work satisfaction and enjoying what your doing to earn a living +.
If I was fit enough and needed money I would still be working. But I'm not and I don't so I'm retired, although still working.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 20:38

Luckily for you Jan

Like me you are retired

I imagine you have some pension or savings supporting you both

As we have

Barry is the same age as my son

He needs his health

Me I can stagger around like a pregnant duck

And still have enough money to live on

Sandra
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 22:27

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,006 Times in 871 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
I feel so sorry for you.

What happened to work satisfaction and enjoying what your doing to earn a living +.
If I was fit enough and needed money I would still be working. But I'm not and I don't so I'm retired, although still working.
I used to really enjoy it Jan before I went semi retired nearly ten years ago now. I had a fantastic career. I do what I do now because I cant really afford to pack it in completely but ive had to take a backward step in the sort of work I do. Everything is so much harder as its like walking around with your legs in treacle. Hands on stuff in IT is a young mans game really. There is nothing I could do that would pay anywhere near as much though so I wont complain. One decent two day job can pay what most people earn in a month sometimes so a career change would be crackers. I Cant do anything else anyway. Ive tried being a Rock Star and I was sh1t at it. Well the playing bit, I can do the lifestyle quite easily.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 22:34

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Quote:
This morning, started bread dough, made breakfast, cleared breakfast, washed up, continued with bread dough, made the bed, cleaned Motleys teeth, put bread, 4 loaves, in the oven, did the the ironing, put the world to rights in between and played with Motley. Now I will make lunch.

I hope you wahed your hands inbetween!
raynipper likes this.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 06:12

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
All this about women being able to multitask and men can't is a loada cobblers as far as I can see.
From my own observation women get distracted as they start one job and then go onto the next completely forgetting about the first job. Then they have the cheek to tell us mere males they are brilliant and we are useless. Repeat often enough and we come to believe this fallacy.

I came home the other day and almost fell over the vacuum spread across the floor, saw the ironing board up and the iron still plugged in, shopping half unpacked, fridge door open and my wife was out deadheading.??

Ray.
Don't get me started Ray, don't get me wrong, I like wimmin, we should have two, then at least some blokes will have a happy life, but when did they get so uppity about everything, most of them are okay around the house, but they think this entitles them to know everything about everything else, they talk down to us, make jokes at our expense (try doing that to them) they have mood swings any clock would be proud of, seem to get worse as they age too.

I'll step back now
raynipper likes this.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 20:13

They mostly do know everything Kev

Never make jokes about the opposite sex

Why would they?

The truth serves well enough

Sandra
HermanHymer likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page