42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 21-01-2017, 19:33

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Each to their own Kev

14 isn't all of my immediate family, there is 23 of us, not all can come every Friday

Sometimes work patterns or other arrangements mean some don't come , so it's a fluid arrangement

But over a couple of weeks or so I see them all

And there is definately no requirement on them to come

They enjoy each other's company, a meal to end the working week when they are tired and looking forward to a weekends break

I had no family, being raised in children's homes ,and Alberts mum died when I was 23, so my kids didn't have grandparents and we had no one to help us raise them

I'm determined my grandkids will have grandparents that know and love them

My kids will have parents that can help out in all sorts of problems, and celebrate their success

That they can and want to talk too

I also want that my family stay united to each other

And yes the payback is that we are well loved by all of them, including in laws

We're here to help and advise, especially Albert he's so good at that

So maybe I'm a doormat, as I've been told

But remember a doormat halts the mess at the door before its treaded any further

And my professional colleagues may have called me many things

And I guess they also saw me as a doormat

I was great doormat

Sandra
I think perhaps you misunderstand me (or I you ) I am not a family man, left home and never went back ASAP, Dad was a B, Mother not much better, I don;t like family gatherings much, go only to those I can't avoid, I prefer my own company, hence me not thinking I could do it your way ever, not to say I don't wish I could, it can be lonely sometimes not fitting in.
suedew, suedew, greygit and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 21-01-2017, 19:39 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
[quote=GEMMY;2435914]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEES View Post
Odont think Sandra is complaining just sharing her contentment [/QUOTE}

Contentment ? feeding the 40000 with 3 chickens and exhaustion..............I don't think so

She needs to get a bluddy grip on life at her age

tony
Still love you babe
Now back to basics

You can't feed 40T with three chickens

You are getting mixed up with the loaves and fishes

Sandra
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 21-01-2017, 19:51 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz View Post
I think perhaps you misunderstand me (or I you ) I am not a family man, left home and never went back ASAP, Dad was a B, Mother not much better, I don;t like family gatherings much, go only to those I can't avoid, I prefer my own company, hence me not thinking I could do it your way ever, not to say I don't wish I could, it can be lonely sometimes not fitting in.
Kev

Idont know your family circumstances

I only talk about my kids, partners and grandkids when I talk of family gatherings

Weekly so no great surprises

I do have others of Alberts family and I enjoy their company too but they are occasional gatherings

Except for his younger brothers that I helped to bring up when his mum died even though I was very young

Actually from a person with no family in the world

I met my Albert

And the rest is history

Sandra

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 21-01-2017, 20:29 Thread Starter

Kev

Do you not have kids ?

No offence meant

Just trying to understand

You know me well, I'd never seek to upset just to understand

But only if you want to explain

Other wise just ignore me

Load do

Very wise in my opinion

Sandra
suedew and suedew like this.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 22-01-2017, 12:37

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
You crack on Sandra as I know you enjoy it. I think a lot myself included will be envious of such a family gathering. One of these days Im gonna turf up unannounced on a Friday to witness it for myself.

Ive been to Sandras a few times as a few others have and once you have experienced it you will kind of understand. I think it defines to perfection the word "Home" that most of us can only aspire to. Some places you walk in and just feel unbelievably comfortable, accepted and welcome. Sandras place is one of them.

We dont have any family left hardly and the ones we do have we dont bother with much which is a shame but such is life. Having those you love most so close and in big numbers must be a wonderful thing.

Right! Thats bigged that up enough. See you Friday!! Get the Leffe in!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
aldra (04-02-2017)
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 22-01-2017, 12:46 Thread Starter

Barry the leffe, is in and waiting

Bought it on our last trip

Unfortunately is the 9% one

So ok I don't do beer

Sandra
suedew and suedew like this.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 22-01-2017, 12:56

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Blimey Sandra! 9%. You would have to ration that!

I was almost over your way recently to a customer in Altrincham but I can sort most stuff out remotely really. Ill make an effort to bugger it up completely next time so I have to go.
suedew, suedew, aldra and 1 others like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 22-01-2017, 17:05

Funny old world isn't it? Sandra growing up with no family and now loving having lots of family around. Chris and I grew up in a family (I'd like to say "loving" family but struggle with it) and avoid family gatherings whenever we can! Only had one child because we could not bear to inflict brothers and sisters on to her once she was here. I think it is because we were both left to our own devices as our parents worked. My mother didn't even take me to my first day at school Told my two brothers to take me. Of course they just ran off and left me all alone in the playground until a member of staff noticed me and took me inside. I wonder what those teachers thought?

I do envy close knit families, like yours Sandra, but not sure I could cope with all the gatherings.
Pudsey_Bear and Pudsey_Bear like this.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 22-01-2017, 17:22

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Funny old world isn't it? Sandra growing up with no family and now loving having lots of family around. Chris and I grew up in a family (I'd like to say "loving" family but struggle with it) and avoid family gatherings whenever we can! Only had one child because we could not bear to inflict brothers and sisters on to her once she was here. I think it is because we were both left to our own devices as our parents worked. My mother didn't even take me to my first day at school Told my two brothers to take me. Of course they just ran off and left me all alone in the playground until a member of staff noticed me and took me inside. I wonder what those teachers thought?

I do envy close knit families, like yours Sandra, but not sure I could cope with all the gatherings.
You have my deepest sympathy, some should have to pass a test and get a licence to reproduce, whilst having children is a natural thing, raising them isn't, a visit to any supermarket at school letting out time proves this, in the UK anyhoo.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 22-01-2017, 17:53

My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Send a message via AIM to MEES
I started school in 1954 and my mum only took me once on the first day. When I transferred to junior school and later to the Grammar school I again went alone or with neighbours kids.
This was the norm in those days and I never felt unloved or badly treated.
I was the eldest and it was my responsibility to take the others when they were old enough.
My mum and dad were working hard to create a better life for us and we had our part to play in the family.
In turn I raised my family of four. I am very proud of them. My eldest son (45) has just spent 36 hours travelling from Hawaii to spend a weekend with us. We were Eleven adults and 6 kids sitting down to Sunday dinner Fabulous !!
Son who lives in Stockholm would have been with us but he has a leg in plaster and couldn't fly .
Like Sandra we are shattered but happy
In February we fly to Stockholm with two grandsons to spend a long weekend with Swedish grandsons.
In June we do a trip in motorhome to Lake Garda where they will all join us for two weeks.
We are truly blessed.
We still enjoy peace and rest together without them all !!
Margaret
patp, patp, aldra and 1 others like this.

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page