Banned from vaping in Tescos - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 01:05

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdicdoc View Post
. . . A bit like farting - maybe it's ok & acceptable if it smells nice but if it didn't . . .
Vic

You beat me to it

Geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 07:26

My Motorhome: Swift Bolero 630PR
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post

you would think I had jumped up on the check out conveyor belt naked with an I love Morrisons sticker on me backside.
Damn! ...I can't un-envisage that now
barryd and barryd like this.
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 08:23

I'm not, in general, pro the nanny state but, if people cannot or will not give up cigarettes on their own initiative then I can see no reason why the state should not take an active role in making it easier.

I don't think their is any reason to think smoking is good for you, it raises revenue for the state but it also costs an immense amount in health and social care and the results cause misery for many.

The jury is still out on the harmlessness of vaping which I suspect is becoming a habit in itself rather than an aid to giving up cigarette smoking. There are effective more discrete means of dosing the body with nicotine. By all means continue that habit in the privacy of your own house but why should the rest of us be subjected to clouds of smelly vapour and the ridiculous sight of grown men with what look like thin dummies in their mouths ?

post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 08:25

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I used to smoke (stopped about 9 years ago) I heard someone ask another smoker if they wanted to die of stupidity, I took that on board and quit soon after, this vaping thing, looks bloody ridiculous to me, either quit or have a proper cig FFS, Vaping (sounds a bit limp wristed) is very unmanly to see, and not very womanly either

I wonder how long it'll be before there are health warnings on long term use of the damned smelly things, perhaps the bigger brands may be okay, but I've noticed shops springing up all over selling lord knows what much cheaper.

To be reliant on a stick which is on fire, or to give up then go onto another crutch seems such a waste of time, smoke or don't smoke but don't look a pratt instead of smoking.

I could murder a fag now but I'll get over it.
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 08:57

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
What I want to know is................

WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU DOING IN TESCO?

It is a well known fact (certainly here at Tugboat Towers) that you send MrsD in to struggle round the store with a trolley full of Leffe and pies, while you sit out in the car sending abusive texts or heavy breathing phone calls to innocent old sailors who are very vulnerable to that sort of stuff.

I know you're 'away' (oh boy, are you away!) and are prolly using the scoot, but supermarkets do usually have a few seats outside. Or go hijack an old lady's shopping trolley to sit on. Please don't go into Tesco again, your FC rep is in serious jeopardy here. You're giving me a fit of the vapours. (See what I did there? Shucks, I'm too good for you lot)

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 09:16

One of the best ways to make young people think twice about giving up or not starting smoking is, from years of teaching the subject, to add up how much is spent in a week, year, lifetime of smoking even moderately. Do the math gents and I suspect you'll be as surprised as we always were.

Now that cigarette smoking is not considered such a macho thing to do I guess it's easier for teachers to cover the subject. How much does a lifetime of vaping cost I wonder and will that become a cool thing to do ?
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 09:25

I dare not even think of how much I wasted by burning, at least cigs were cheaper then, I'd hate to be caught up in it now, unfortunately they cover the shelves so I've no idea how much 20 fags cost today so no idea how much I have saved, but I was a 20-30 day man when working as sat behind a wheel is a bit boring day after day and werthers originals lose there appeal after a while.
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 09:44

post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
Thanks, I was a rolly man mostly, fun when driving, so not too bad, 10 ish would last me a couple of days, as opposed to 2 ish when I stopped, less if you bought it in a greasy spoon on the Alfa One.
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 27-10-2016, 09:57 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,252 Times in 1,084 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
I'm not, in general, pro the nanny state but, if people cannot or will not give up cigarettes on their own initiative then I can see no reason why the state should not take an active role in making it easier.

I don't think their is any reason to think smoking is good for you, it raises revenue for the state but it also costs an immense amount in health and social care and the results cause misery for many.

The jury is still out on the harmlessness of vaping which I suspect is becoming a habit in itself rather than an aid to giving up cigarette smoking. There are effective more discrete means of dosing the body with nicotine. By all means continue that habit in the privacy of your own house but why should the rest of us be subjected to clouds of smelly vapour and the ridiculous sight of grown men with what look like thin dummies in their mouths ?
Nobody said smoking was good for you? It isnt, we know that. If the government are so concerned why dont they ban it completely. As said there is no real reason to smoke proper cigs anymore.

Why should I be subjected to women who dont know how to apply a small amount of perfume in a restaurant but instead fill the air with a choking amount of whatever disgusting stuff they chose to slap on all over that evening? Lets go another step further. What about ugly people? I might not want to see them either.

I agree though as said, you do look a bit stupid but you would think people would be happy that smokers have quit and found something safer. How safe to the user and how safe to you as a passive vaper? Well pretty safe it would seem for the vaper but totally safe for you. Teddy bears kill more people than vaping.

What passive vaping and smoking emits

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Last edited by barryd; 27-10-2016 at 09:59.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page