If Only Nationwide Did Motorhome Insurance.... - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 15:33

Unfortunately they did say "No", but Comfort seem pretty good for motorhome insurance. The original quote from Swinton for the car was more than the motorhome premium from Comfort!!! That was what wound me up in the first place, specially as the car is a very ordinary Skoda Roomster.

I think they act more or less as brokers, but as Webby (almost) said, they are not as greedy as some! Insurance is provided by Liverpool Victoria, but beyond that I know no more.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 15:53

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Out of interest I just asked for a couple of quotes

1/ Jans Ford Fiesta ST..............£160.13

2/ My Ford Ranger double cab pick-up £159.73

I may well be moving at the appropriate time

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 17:18

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
But the do cover Motorhomes, their web site and telephone operatives just don't know it!

I phoned today and the girl said that they cover Motorhomes and motor caravans so I hung up to get all my info together and went back to do it via their website. All Ok till it tried to match the car make to the registration which it naturally couldnt do, so I phoned them. All OK till it came to engine being Diesel then it went pear shaped as their system tells them it must be petrol.

So I quizzed him about different chassis makes and such as Fiat, Peugeot, Hymer and Renault and none would be accepted if they were not Petrol. When I explained that this cuts out 90% of Motorhomes he offered to check up with the higher powers and said it was a system mistake and they would accept mine.

They have given me a quote which is competitive with one from COMFORT and both of which are £100 cheaper that Swinton who I am trying to get away from. I dont want to go into details of amount as I want to check some others. Suggestions welcome?

I am with NW Flex plus as I get Travel insurance and breakdown cover on my MH included anyway.

Hope this helps. I have been off this site for over six months and only just manged to crack the log on procedure to get back. The password stuff is more difficult thank my banks

regards

Andrew
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewball1000 For This Useful Post:
Blizzard (06-10-2016), patp (06-10-2016)

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 17:52

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 18:57 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewball1000 View Post
But the do cover Motorhomes, their web site and telephone operatives just don't know it!

I phoned today and the girl said that they cover Motorhomes and motor caravans so I hung up to get all my info together and went back to do it via their website. All Ok till it tried to match the car make to the registration which it naturally couldnt do, so I phoned them. All OK till it came to engine being Diesel then it went pear shaped as their system tells them it must be petrol.

So I quizzed him about different chassis makes and such as Fiat, Peugeot, Hymer and Renault and none would be accepted if they were not Petrol. When I explained that this cuts out 90% of Motorhomes he offered to check up with the higher powers and said it was a system mistake and they would accept mine.

They have given me a quote which is competitive with one from COMFORT and both of which are £100 cheaper that Swinton who I am trying to get away from. I dont want to go into details of amount as I want to check some others. Suggestions welcome?

I am with NW Flex plus as I get Travel insurance and breakdown cover on my MH included anyway.

Hope this helps. I have been off this site for over six months and only just manged to crack the log on procedure to get back. The password stuff is more difficult thank my banks

regards

Andrew
That's interesting ! They've got 6 months to iron out their system then I'll give them a go at insuring my new van, otherwise it will be back to Comfort.

Ken.

Ps. Welcome back

2005 Bailey Senator Wyoming - 2009 Bessacarr E769 - 2012 Swift Bolero 712SB - 2017 Auto-Sleeper Kingham (On Order)
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 19:09

Don't take it personally Andrew. Some of us have had similar problems.

Thanks for the heads up on how to navigate Nationwide.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 12:28

My Motorhome: Swift 780FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Thank you Blizzard - you just saved me 83 quid!!

"Why?" he asked. (Ahhhhh - the naivete of youth!!!) So I said, "If your company can offer a lower quote after I've complained, why wasn't it offered in the first place?"

Dave
Totally agree, this type of business is akin to theft.

Dave

All men are cremated equal! Spike Milligan
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 13-10-2016, 16:52

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
That's interesting ! They've got 6 months to iron out their system then I'll give them a go at insuring my new van, otherwise it will be back to Comfort.

Ken.

Ps. Welcome back

I had quotes from Safeguard £485, Caravan Club £483, Nationwide £410 and went with Comfort at £306. I excluded the breakdown cover as I get this and my travel insurance on my NW Flex plus account. Thanks for the Comfort tip.
nicholsong and nicholsong like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewball1000 For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (13-10-2016)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page