User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-01-2016, 20:21

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambegayo View Post
As rayc will have noticed we are off road at the moment due to an unfortunate argument with a post at Beaune CS in France on way home in October last year.
Wendy, We have noticed the tarpaulin cover over the damage. It must have been quite some shock for you and hope you were both ok. i hope you are soon able to get repairs underway. Ray & Lesley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-01-2016, 22:57

Location: Summer - Overton, Hampshire: Winter - La Manga, Spain
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil Integra 810 HB-L is sold and gone. Hobby 650 Prestige caravan for Winters in Spain
Renting an apartment sounds like a no brainer - if that's what you want

BUT

Apartment blocks are basically empty in the winter (which is why the rent is so low) - would you want to be the only occupant in a block of apartments in a foreign country?

We gave that solution some thought but decided instead to buy a cheapo ex traveller caravan and store it in Spain, paying a euro a day for that.

We pay 35 euros to have it taken out of (covered) storage and put on site

We pay 12 euros a day to have it on site for 180+ days

And another 35 euros to have it taken back into storage

The benefits are many - but mainly social and no driving around to have a beer or something to eat although we do take a car to carry the stuff we need to use both in UK and Spain so there's the cost of ferry and mileage to add but I still spend less on fuel here than I would do in UK over the same period.

We are "thinking" about renting out our house in UK to generate some additional income - but actually can't be bothered (and fortunately don't need) to get it all sorted...

Cheers

Dave
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 23-01-2016, 12:33

Surely if the apartment blocks are empty you can find a property that is in a community?

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-01-2016, 10:46

Location: Summer - Overton, Hampshire: Winter - La Manga, Spain
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil Integra 810 HB-L is sold and gone. Hobby 650 Prestige caravan for Winters in Spain
Probably - but not, perhaps, at the price you want to pay or in the location you want to be in.

Just pointing out an issue that took us a while to realise before we went "our way"

Cheers

Dave
patp and patp like this.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 15:32 Thread Starter

Legal Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
Wendy, We have noticed the tarpaulin cover over the damage. It must have been quite some shock for you and hope you were both ok. i hope you are soon able to get repairs underway. Ray & Lesley

Thanks Ray, The tarpaulin is to cover the rear window which along with the kitchen window leaked (had lots of rain in France) The post tore at the capping and the bottom ridge. We are OK and hopefully we should be taking it to Southdowns soon, they have some parts but not all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page