On line estate agencies - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 18:27

[QUOTE=Gordonm;1839977]Hmmm - Housenetwork looks to be a good compromise, as with the 'on-completion' package they'll only get paid if there's a sale - may well give this one a go myself in a few weeks.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with on-line agents? Apathy once the fee has been paid.

You don't pay the fee until completion on your sale. We went right to contracts with them before our buyer pulled out and we didn't pay them a penny!

We also used a conveyancing firm rather than a solicitor and they were brilliant again. No fee until completion so our two sales that went right up to contracts didn't cost us anything in fees. The conveyancer used email to update us all the time so we knew exactly what was happening. If it went quiet I would email them to ask what was happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 18:37

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
We have sold our last 2 properties using online agents.

The first was back in 2001 when such things were very new - for the life of me I can't remember the online agent name and it's probably gone into oblivion.

We sold our last house through Tepilo last year - advertised just before Xmas 2014 and got an offer late January and went to completion in early April. We paid just over £1000 upfront, managed the ad copy ourselves using the photos taken by their assigned snapper (much better pics than I could have taken), and it all went smoothly. Any contact with Tepilo was quick and resolved quickly. Their initial valuation was also spot on given that we knew the price being asked by a close neighbour selling their (almost identical) house through a traditional agency - still unsold I understand! I guess the only risk was the upfront fee but as it was we reckon we saved £5k on fees and sold for £5k less than asking so I guess we achieved the full price we wanted. We used a local conveyancer however as it's someone I've known for years and has conveyanced a number of properties for us over the years (own property, buy to lets and business)

There's always a risk with paying upfront but it's worked 2x for us now and I'd do the same again. Tepilo v Purple Bricks v Emoov etc - no idea! I guess you have to try and see what happens.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:39

[quote=patp;1842017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonm View Post
Hmmm - Housenetwork looks to be a good compromise, as with the 'on-completion' package they'll only get paid if there's a sale - may well give this one a go myself in a few weeks.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with on-line agents? Apathy once the fee has been paid.

You don't pay the fee until completion on your sale. We went right to contracts with them before our buyer pulled out and we didn't pay them a penny!

We also used a conveyancing firm rather than a solicitor and they were brilliant again. No fee until completion so our two sales that went right up to contracts didn't cost us anything in fees. The conveyancer used email to update us all the time so we knew exactly what was happening. If it went quiet I would email them to ask what was happening.
Sorry, I should have said you don't pay an upfront fee with Housenetwork. Felt quite sorry for them. Of course things might have changed now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page