Genealogy - Free this weekend - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 49Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 25-01-2016, 12:11 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HurricaneSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Sussex
My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Posts: 2,584
Thanks: 288
Thanked 127 Times in 124 Posts
Personal Aire
Sadly, we've only 49 minutes left before the FREE access ends.

I'm certain there will be another opportunity sometime later in the year.

Thanks to everyone for their posts.



.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
HurricaneSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 25-01-2016, 13:18
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Posts: 37,129
Thanks: 1,510
Thanked 959 Times in 900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdavid View Post
think it's on the death certificate, you can pay for a copy?
It may well be David, but how do I find out where they died etc, there are some sites which purport to give the info, but how do you know which will give it for all the people I need know about which is only 3 but I might need to go to 3 sites to get it.
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 25-01-2016, 15:08 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HurricaneSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Sussex
My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Posts: 2,584
Thanks: 288
Thanked 127 Times in 124 Posts
Personal Aire
mgdavid is absolutely right, Kev.

The website you have been using only tells us the town or district where our relatives died, but to obtain the precise place of death (house, road or hospital) you will need to buy a Death Certificate (about a tenner each) from The General Register Office:
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You will need to supply the details they ask for on the above hyperlink, and it's wise to add the "Volume" and "Page No" you will have found on the Genealogy pages you've already visited to better help them. In the past I've found the GRO very good.



.
Pudsey_Bear and Pudsey_Bear like this.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
HurricaneSmith is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneSmith For This Useful Post:
Pudsey_Bear (25-01-2016)
 
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 25-01-2016, 18:14
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Posts: 37,129
Thanks: 1,510
Thanked 959 Times in 900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneSmith View Post
mgdavid is absolutely right, Kev.

The website you have been using only tells us the town or district where our relatives died, but to obtain the precise place of death (house, road or hospital) you will need to buy a Death Certificate (about a tenner each) from The General Register Office:
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You will need to supply the details they ask for on the above hyperlink, and it's wise to add the "Volume" and "Page No" you will have found on the Genealogy pages you've already visited to better help them. In the past I've found the GRO very good.





.
That's great Mr H Smith, I shall dive on it on the morrow.
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 14:13
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Posts: 37,129
Thanks: 1,510
Thanked 959 Times in 900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I'm struggling to find one person, I have birth and marriage details, but none for death other than a newspaper obituary despite searching a few sites.

Does anyone have an genealogy account who would be willing to do a single search on this name as I can't figure out why it's not popping up.

Please PM me on the above as it is a bit personal.
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 20:56
Member
 
Nick5912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tamworth
My Motorhome: Adria M 670 SL Silver Collection
Posts: 91
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz View Post
I'm struggling to find one person, I have birth and marriage details, but none for death other than a newspaper obituary despite searching a few sites.

Does anyone have an genealogy account who would be willing to do a single search on this name as I can't figure out why it's not popping up.

Please PM me on the above as it is a bit personal.
PM me with the details and I'll take a look for you.


Regards,


Nick

MOT
Nick5912 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick5912 For This Useful Post:
HurricaneSmith (31-08-2017)
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 04:57
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Posts: 37,129
Thanks: 1,510
Thanked 959 Times in 900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 08:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 4,616
Thanks: 166
Thanked 203 Times in 198 Posts
Do always buy your Birth, Marriage and Death certificates from the General Register office once you know what you want. The genealogy sites will offer them to you but they charge an extra fee for something you can easily do yourself.
patp is online now  
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 08:44
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Posts: 37,129
Thanks: 1,510
Thanked 959 Times in 900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
Do always buy your Birth, Marriage and Death certificates from the General Register office once you know what you want. The genealogy sites will offer them to you but they charge an extra fee for something you can easily do yourself.
See post 33 above Pat
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pudsey_Bear For This Useful Post:
HurricaneSmith (10-02-2016)
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 14:12
Member
 
Nick5912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tamworth
My Motorhome: Adria M 670 SL Silver Collection
Posts: 91
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Personal Aire
Kev,

Have sent you a PM with new info in it.

It's not appearing in my sent box so not sure if you have received it.

Regards,

Nick

MOT
Nick5912 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome