10Likes
  • 12 Post By barryd
  • 2 Post By Pudsey_Bear
  • 2 Post By caulkhead
  • 2 Post By tugboat
  • 2 Post By flyinghigh

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-07-2015, 23:10 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Her first flight

Dont normally post vids and certainly not cute kiddy ones but Prof posted this earlier on "another forum". I know some of you will enjoy this. So funny.

greygit, greygit, leseduts and 9 others like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 05:12

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 10:24

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
I wish my missus enjoyed flying as much as this little one does, on one trip I had to do a not so gentle avoiding manoeuvre that frighten her! Big time! She thumped me three times before I could show her the aircraft that nearly hit us, but she still wasn't happy��. So now try and only do gentle turns to the left if possible, as she doesn't like being closest to the earth in a turn, go figure !

Now reitired thank god , looking forward to flying when the weather is good or motorhoming when itīs not, just like to get away from it all now I can take it easy.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 10:34

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh View Post
I wish my missus enjoyed flying as much as this little one does, on one trip I had to do a not so gentle avoiding manoeuvre that frighten her! Big time! She thumped me three times before I could show her the aircraft that nearly hit us, but she still wasn't happy��. So now try and only do gentle turns to the left if possible, as she doesn't like being closest to the earth in a turn, go figure !
As an ex PPL myself, I can understand her fear. The first time I was taken up in a small aircraft, the doors seemed mighty flimsy to me and incapable of stopping me falling out. The seat belt chest straps crossed the 'wrong way' compared with a car, and I didn't feel at all safe.

I solo'd after 6 hours and soon stalls and spins were being done regularly (spins did merit underwear changes though.

I reckon if your missus did some stick-time, it would occupy her mind and help her a lot. If she just did yoke without the pedals, it would teach her how to fly straight and level. Maybe she is also frightened about you becoming ill mid-flight and how she would cope, so some instruction is very worthwhile.

Hope all that doesn't sound patronising, it isn't meant to be.

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 10:36

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
There is only one difference between me and that child! I would be screaming with terror! Sorry, two differences! I would also be voiding myself at both ends!!! Lovely kid though

Andy
greygit and greygit like this.

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 12:09

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh View Post
Sounds like another one to leave at home
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 12:26

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat View Post

I reckon if your missus did some stick-time, it would occupy her mind and help her a lot.

This is not a euphonium euphemism, btw! Such activities can be distracting while flying (though I bet Geoff Nicholson tried it!)
flyinghigh and flyinghigh like this.

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2015, 13:11

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat View Post
This is not a euphonium euphemism, btw! Such activities can be distracting while flying (though I bet Geoff Nicholson tried it!)
I like it! but highly unlikely with my missus as she would have to unbuckle herself to reach me over the throttle quadrant

She has done some stick time but always kept diving towards the ground for some reason, she prefers to read her kindle until we arrive at our destination but as I said she was taken completely by surprise by a very quick wing over that unsettled her
tugboat and tugboat like this.

Now reitired thank god , looking forward to flying when the weather is good or motorhoming when itīs not, just like to get away from it all now I can take it easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page