Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Roger Moore RIP

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  patp 
#1 ·
aka James Bond, Simon Templar and many other versions of a similar character has sadly died as a result of cancer.

To me he was my favourite Bond, his touch of humour and sardonic wit lightened the role after Sean Connery - I loved the way that he used Q's products so openly and yet with his ever present smile at the impossibility of some of them.

RIP

#2 ·
Yes I was sad to hear the news earlier today, somewhat pushed aside by other tragic events.

He was the Bond I remembered most as a child growing up. My father would take me to see the movies straight after school. It was a big event the new Bond film. A funny man as well.

RIP.

#3 ·
Narrrrr, Shean Connery will always be Bond. But Dan Craig has come close. Yep RIP Moore.!!

Ray.

#6 ·
Daniel Craig is surely not the handsomest bond. Roger Moore wears the crown for that. Many happy hours at the movies back in the days when films were enjoyable entertainment.

#7 ·
Loved an interview on Dame Edna, where she/he pulled out a copy of his fair-isle knitting pattern. Bit embarrassed Roger was.

#12 ·
Just for you and other fans Viv, I liked him in Ivanhoe way back when I was a nipper.

#9 ·
Ray, I'm not surprised. Well I don't fancy DC. Muscles on his muscles but the face is not KDG. (I know I'll have to translate for you blokes on here - Knicker-Dropping-Good). But RM has had some lovely lady leads, so surely some of them appealed?

Reactions: raynipper
#10 ·
I think I remember him best as Ivanhoe around the same time as Richard Greene as Robin Hood and Conrad Phillips as William Tell.....................they were all a bit like James Bond................................but in black and white

#13 ·
I loved the story told on The One Show last night.
Roger Moore was approached by a young boy for his autograph (he apparently never disappointed). He duly signed the piece of paper "Roger Moore". The little boy showed it to his dad and said "I thought it was James Bond and it says Roger Moore". His dad approached RM and told him what the boy had said. RM called the little boy over and told him that he could not sign James Bond because he was incognito :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.