Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Anyone else find Vera boring.

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
I struggled through the last of the present series of Vera last night mainly because several friends said it was one of their favourites.
It was all so pathetic and predictable that I doubt we will ever watch another series if aired.
Just like another old mumsy Miss Marples.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy
#4 ·
The first few series were decent enough but I too have found the recent ones boring and convoluted. The original series was based on the books by Anna Cleeves, who also created the Shetland series of books. She is an excellent author and the stories were convincing and realistic. Not so the recent ones sadly....

#8 ·
My wife and I no longer watch this programme.

It's all about her, not the team, and with a poor geordie accent..

We are biased, because we both have strong geordie connections.

She does not have (or tries to have) a Geordie accent. Her accent is more like a County Durham one and is near enough for me (born and bred in County Durham).

I will agree though that the series needs new writers.

#11 ·
Everyone keeps taking about Netflix as if everyone else is a subscriber. Not everyone is.

Ray.

#13 ·
We record 'Vera', so we can speed through the adverts, and watch it with a glass or two of wine and/or brandy and enjoyed the series as much as the previous.

But 'Grantchester' is definitely, at least, one series beyond it's sell by date - who disagrees ?

Attachments

#14 ·
Well after being told the early Vera series was much better than the latest offerings, I gave in and watched last nights early episode.
Sadly just the same old and predictable format. So I doubt I will be wasting any more time on Vera.

Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.