Rally at Tackeroo in November - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 27-10-2004, 12:51 Thread Starter

That's great you two, you cannot pre book sites at Tackeroo but space is not a problem and talking to the warden he very rarely gets any one in after September. I will contact him again nearer the time to double check there is no problem at their end. Am you all can come!
Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 27-10-2004, 20:31 Thread Starter

Had a few requests for directions.
Site is on page 153 of the Big sites book.

Map ref 128/001168

From Rugeley, turn L at lights, just past little Little Chef roundabout ( sp
Penkridge) Site is on left approx 2 miles. Is well signposted at entrance, if you pass White horse pub on your left you have gone 0.542 miles too far according to my memory map !

From Penkridge Take B5012 , after Leisure Centre take first left following golf club signs. When you come to a roundabout go straight across A34, follow road thro forest for 0.94 miles go straight on at first x road, in 0.851miles you will see White horse pub on your right continue for 0.540 miles go round a sharpish right hand bend and you are there.

Isn't technology a wonderful thing! If any one does not agree with the milage, your mileage indicator is wrong
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 27-10-2004, 21:23

Oh good there's a pub in walking distance then!
Sending you a PM, Helen

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-10-2004, 08:38

Helen,

Just a suggestion!!

With so little time till the event this post needs a helping hand, make it 'sticky'.

It is very easy for the front page (1st 20 Posts) to completely change whilst someone is away from their computer, be it at work or whatever.
When I did the Beverley rally I asked that the post be made 'sticky' but I was ignored, this was a bit frustrating when more than one person said they spotted it at the last minute, you being a mighty Moderator should have more clought than me. It's not like your leaving it there forever, just a few weeks.

Ian
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-10-2004, 09:44 Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion Ian. When I first posted this thread I was not really thinking of it being a rally, I just wanted to go to Cannock, and being a female on her own just wanted to have someone I sort of knew if I didn't feel safe. Illogically this does not worry me in the summertime, but does with darker evenings etc. But it does seem to have evolved into a rally so I have taken up your suggestion and stickied it.

Not that I am saying it won't be great to see every one there, just that I am not sure about my social skills in holding a rally Have never been on a rally as the name conjures up visions of straight rows of organised vans all with pennants flying whicj is just not me, so I am really hoping no one is expecting anything from me other than acting as a communication point if it has to be called off at last minute for bad weather etc. So I am avoiding calling it a rally in case anyone expects me to have organised anything. Not that I am averse with sharing my wine box with anyone
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-10-2004, 10:21

The thought of attending a 'Rally' sends shivers down my spine it's just that the name seems to stick.

Regimented lines of vans with Sunday morning medal ceremonies are not my idea of fun, on the other hand, someone who shares a box of wine has got my undevided attention.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-10-2004, 10:34 Thread Starter

Hope you like German White then Ian the box will be on ice
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-10-2004, 11:14

Ah!! just red for me, so that's the wine sorted, nothing more to do but turn up
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 29-10-2004, 17:54

Why not call them "Meets".

Motorhome Meets sounds a lot more friendly

Rob

Experience comes from what we have done. Wisdom comes from what we have done badly!
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 30-10-2004, 07:41 Thread Starter

Good idea MD but would the vegeterians amongst us come then

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page