A proposed format for permanent rallies? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-08-2004, 10:14

Barrys idea is a good one IMO, as it would allow us to fit in with plans. We get out and about, some we book others we dont. If we know where and when I think a lot of us could fit in with our forward plans.

We would have loved to have gone to the Beverley Rally but will be elsewhere, but had we known (and its nobodies fault) sooner the bookings for that period could have been changed
I dont think we would always need a dedicated rally field of our own, some of the smaller remote licenced sites can take small/medium sized numbers on spec we just have to sus where they are
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-08-2004, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger148

We would have loved to have gone to the Beverley Rally but will be elsewhere, but had we known (and its nobodies fault) sooner the bookings for that period could have been changed
Me too, knowing my luck tho the rallies within reach will work out to be on my weekends that I work, 1 in 2, but if they are reasonable distance and I am not milking I will be there
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-08-2004, 11:13

Hi bill & homer, I’m all for the flexibility of just turning up without booking provided a site owner is comfortable with that.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-08-2004, 23:57 Thread Starter

I know that many CLs are also prepared to hold rallies in separate fields on their land. Two that I know of keep the grass cut throughout the summer for just that purpose.

What we need are recommendations from all of you out there for specific venues. I'm sticking my neck out here, but I'm assuming that the great majority of us are self-contained enough to survive a weekend with only what a CL can provide.

bsb2000 is right when he says that commercial sites will be unable to leave 'x' number of pitches clear on the offchance that we'd fill them. That's why I believe that a rally field attached to a CL is possibly our best option. Mud in bad weather could be a problem, as could an isolated position of the site, so these should be borne in mind when recommending a site. But there are all sorts of unusual places that could be suitable for us, and BillD's "Maker Heights" is one such example.

For me, the perfect site would be a field (or isolated car park) attached to a country pub, that had open views, walks from the site, and freedom for children to play.

Any other ideas, Folks?

Barry

DonÂīt use a big word when a diminutive abbreviation will adequately suffice.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 14-08-2004, 09:07

A good site that fits your criteria in winter or early spring would be the Tackeroo Foresty site at Cannock Chase, apart from I don't know what the local pubs are like.See my listing in the database, it does have good roads for winter access and also has a very large area of concrete. for hardstanding which is nicer than it sounds. The warden I spoke to said he would be delighted to see it being used in the winter as no one ever comes then.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 16-08-2004, 00:13

Cannock is also very central for travelling with good access from most areas
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 21-08-2004, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD
Hi bsb2000 - at Maker we might start to get stretched with over a couple of hundred vans! We have had over 1,000 under canvas for a festival.
Motorhomer, I have already volunteered the w/e 11/12 Sept. to fit in with your other rally.
For anyone coming into this fresh and would like to have a look at our website. The aerial photo gives an idea of the size (over 30 acres) it is www.makerheightscentre.ik.com
BillD

Hi

Need to revive this thread.

Is anyone going to be at Maker heights 11th,12th. Sept. ? & take up BillD 's kiind offer

Motorhomer
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 23-08-2004, 19:11

Can we have some idea of who might come to Maker 11/12 Sept

Hi,
I don't like being pushy but I need some idea of how many might come to Maker on the 11/12 th Sept.
I am not looking for guarantees but some idea would be helpful as there is a big difference between 2, 20 and 200.
Please try and keep this on the front page for the time being.
BillD
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 23-08-2004, 19:17

Re: Can we have some idea of who might come to Maker 11/12 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD
Hi,
I don't like being pushy but I need some idea of how many might come to Maker on the 11/12 th Sept.
I am not looking for guarantees but some idea would be helpful as there is a big difference between 2, 20 and 200.
Please try and keep this on the front page for the time being.
BillD

Hi

Ill start the ball rolling then.

We hope to be there all being well. we have both got the weekend off which helps

Who else hopes to be able to come.

Motorhomer
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 23-08-2004, 19:18

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
I will include something about this on the end of month newsletter Bill to raise awareness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page