Motorhomefacts Rally Group - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 09:09

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
Posting here would not have sent us alerts. Not sure why the @ did not send alerts. Lets see if we can work out a solution using the existing forum page. Walk me through what you need it to say and what you need to be able to update.
-Philip
Isn't the existing forum page on the old site - and therein lies the problem, that peoe can't get at it. So it wouldn't matter what you did, or how fancy you made the page - very few could access it.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that score.
Penquin likes this.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 09:50

My Motorhome: Elddis Accordo 125
If you can get onto the old site and look at how people put their names down for rallies you will get a good idea of what they want.

This request is one that has been made many times before. Presumably you have an system that records communications with an indidvidual site. Can I suggest that if such a system exists you consult it as well as looking at our old site.

The importance of this request cannot be understated when it comes to the future of this site. The rallies have long been an important part of the MHF community. That part is slowly diminishing and those of us that are, in practice, only visiters to check on the status of individual rallies will reduce or stop the numbers of their'hits' to do so. These so called 'hits' are, as I understand it, part of the information you give to potential advertisers. Therefore the fewer hits the more potential there is for loss of revenue for VS. The remainder of the site will be populated by the diminishing number of people who just like to chat. Now I know that you may well understand the economics of your business better than I but just in case you don't I thought I would state the obvious and give my take on it.

I have to say that I don't feel confident that VS is up to the job when they can't get the @ system working.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 20:17
Colonial

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Isn't the existing forum page on the old site - and therein lies the problem, that peoe can't get at it. So it wouldn't matter what you did, or how fancy you made the page - very few could access it.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that score.
The original site was not able to be shoehorned into this site so at the time we did our best to maintain what was no longer supported. I am hoping I can find a way to get the software here to work for rally signups.
-Philip
patp likes this.

Admin
Vertical Scope

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 20:38

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
OK a question from a numpty....

Would it not be easier to set up a new section on the new site and give Scottie the ability to copy and paste anything that he believes is essential for 2019 as many of the posts referred to events many years ago now...

Perhaps a small team of volunteers could help Scottie migrate data - I would help provided it was feasible....

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 20:46

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
It seems to me it's essential it's on the new site. Otherwise people won't be able to find/access it.
Penquin likes this.

Jean
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:58

My Motorhome: Swift Bessacarr E460
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
I cant even get on the old site been yelling at VS for ages and nothing is getting done!!! neither I OR SCOTTIE CAN DO ANYTHING AT ALL ON THE OLD SITE VS AND WE NEED TO START LISTING 2020 RALLYS.

If you can NOT sort the old site can you make something that will work for us on the NEW site PLEASE

Baring that we do have our own facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/957854264264408/ if you would all like to join it where our rallys will be listed as soon as we have some

Jacquie

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyJ For This Useful Post:
cronkle (03-10-2019)
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 21:16 Thread Starter
Rally Group Coordinator

Send a message via Skype™ to scottie
Hi
I am trying desperately to get V S to set up a rally section on the new page something that I can post rallies members can reserve a place then be able to confirm their bookings something that I can edit/amend details as and when required that would be a fantastic start.
patp likes this.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 21:31

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Surely, it cannot be impossible to have a new section headed "Rallies" where you can post, amend etc with a new thread for each rally and of course a front page with a calendar which is locked so that only you and organisers such as LadyJ can post on but not normal me,beers who would be able to post on the individual thread for each rally.

Surely, that cannot be too hard, after al that has been done for eg their announcements ?

VS it is time to step up and sort out...... Scottie and his crew do an immense amount of good for MHF.
LadyJ, scottie and patp like this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 20:24

VS_Admin Any progress to report?
scottie likes this.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 16:37

I've just asked the question again using the @ system.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page