Rally possible Venue - Please look - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 09:35 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Rally possible Venue - Please look

Need comments please

One of our members has approached me with some interesting information reference a possible venue for future rallies, its the Maker Heights Centre at Rame Head near Plymouth.

Here is an overhead shot of the area

loads more information on the site here http://www.makerheightscentre.ik.com/

Normally the cost per pitch would be £5 per night, but as a discount to MHFacts members this could be reduced to £4.50 per night for a normal stay there, but for a rally, depending on numbers attending this could be reduced more. There is also the possibility of a BBQ/Music even possibly a bar being laid on, we would need to supply some helpers to organise and run it.

There are plenty of quite reasonable facilities around. The two local villages have several pubs each, a very good fish and chip shop and eatery and other good eating places. It is adjacent to Mt.Edgcumbe Country Park and the SW Coast Path runs outside our grounds. Lots of good beaches and walks. Plymouth, with all its attractions, can be accessed by foot passenger ferry in about a mile. There are local transport firms, taxis and mini and bigger buses.
If people wish to use us as a staging point there are plenty of other attractions within an hours drive (Eden to mention a big one and of course places like Looe and Polperro, Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor).

Comments please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 12:55

Looks like an excellent venue to me, depending on when, I would be interested.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 15:32

Hi

Yes depending on when it is we would be interested. Plenty of notice for folk to plan this time would be appreciated . Hopefully we wont be booked up elswhere as we were last time

Please not in the school hols though. I cant have any time off during them

motorhomer

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 19:11

Send a message via MSN to Dopeyngrumpy
I'm interested but once again it looks like being one end of the country or another - those of us still doing the monday to friday might struggle to get there. That said, you can't please all the people all of the time and I do understand it is really difficult to find places. It sounds great, let me know when it is and I'll do my best to be there.

If I don't make it I'll rely on you all to have a pasty for me

Cheers

David
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 19:20

That looks really nice & I would certainly try to come but I'm going to clash with Motorhomer here as for us it has to be in school holidays as it's too far just for a weekend
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 23:36

Site

As the member putting forward this site we would be pleased to see any of you more or less any time. Our facilities are fairly primitive but our location fantastic and plenty of space.
The question of timing for a rally we have to leave to popular demand but you would be welcome individually anyway.
BillD.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
That looks really nice & I would certainly try to come but I'm going to clash with Motorhomer here as for us it has to be in school holidays as it's too far just for a weekend

Hi Caz

I would also have to add a few days either side to make it worthwhile as like you it is too far for us for the weekend as well. Unfortunately i run a little tourist information & gfts & beach goods centre on the beach so school holidays is always very busy for me. Kids want their buckets & spades etc so cant really close the shop at this time. Still you cant please all of the people all of the time can you?

Motorhomer
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 23:44

Could you get someone in to run it for you perhaps? Kids looking for a holiday job for a few days? Or maybe we could come to you instead? Or how about winter, do you close up shop when the cold weather comes?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
Could you get someone in to run it for you perhaps? Kids looking for a holiday job for a few days? Or maybe we could come to you instead? Or how about winter, do you close up shop when the cold weather comes?

Hi Caz

Unfortunately we cant have school or college students or any one working in the shop without police checks etc working amongst children who when in & on the beach area are a little less clothing clad if you know what i mean. By the time they were vetted the school holidays would be over. Unfortunately at the moment there are only two folk running the park. Myself & the ranger & he obvoiusly has the park & car parks etc to look after. It is much easier to have time off to suit me out of the school holidays and especially out of the summer season. We have just had a few days ito visit other halfs sister 7 family in Hull & our next break will be the rally operated by Carol on Exmoor in early Septemmber for a similar motorhome site.

Still I am due to retire or at least reduce my hours somewhat next financial year so easier to arrange weekends off or even all of them.
Who knows.

Regarding a rally this way we are always on the look out for somewhere but as yet not seen anywhere near here suitable. We are a bit like the foot of Italy here if you know what I mean.

Motorhomer
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 09:01

We're in

We would love to come . . . . depends when. Jeffus.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page