Northern Rally - Beverley - 24th-26th Sept - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 17:11 Thread Starter

Northern Rally - Beverley - 24th-26th Sept

In a bid to arrange a rally in a central location I am going to stick my neck out and try to arrange a rally in one of our favourite spots.

We found a great little site in Beverley which used to be a Caravan Club CL but this year changed to a Caravan & Camping Club site, the owner has an adjacent field which he lets out for individuals and rallies, so no club membership is required.

The site is within a few minutes walk of the town centre and there is a market on Saturday's. The site is level with the usual fresh/waste facilities, but no electric hook-up.

We would need to have a minimum of 8 vans to get exclusive use of the field and the cost would be around £3.50 per night.

Our thoughts were to have a purely informal meet over a weekend with no particular agenda.

Like other's we already have some weekend commitments, but if anybody is interested we can maybe 'nail' a date.

Ian & Jacqui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 19:49

As an old Beverleyonian ( or something) let me give you a bit of local colour. Beverley is the market town of East Yorkshire. It has a bar which is an old gateway to the town and made it neccessary to have all the local buses have a v shaped roof in order to fit through. It has a minster which almost rivals Yorks. The area to the north of the town is known as Westwood and is a large common that includes Beverley racecourse. It is placed very handily for Hull and also for the east coast Hornsea, Spurn Point etc and also not too far from York. Its a lovelly town with some great pubs and chip shops!Oh just for the historians the name comes from Bevers ley.... the place of the Bevers! But there aint any there now!
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 20:51

My Motorhome: Elddis Autostratus EB
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenB
It has a bar which is an old gateway to the town and made it neccessary to have all the local buses have a v shaped roof in order to fit through.
The shape of the roof line of the double -decker buses was such that if you went upstairs and had a window seat you had to be very careful when you got up to leave your seat or you could give your head a nasty crack.
And there speaks a voice of experience!

Gillian

I'm 84 now. Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, & complain. And most do.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
Bernard M. Baruch

Member since 2003

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 00:04

We would be interested depending on the dates, stayed on Beverley racecourse with the Swift Motorhome Club when we had our Kontik. It is close to the Swift factory at Cottingham, we had a good tour of the factory & they layed on an evening meal with entertainment at the Beverley millitary transport musem.
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 09:40 Thread Starter

P.S. Just in case anyone thought I'd ignored Dave re: Certificate & Marshall's, we've dealt with that by PM's.

Ian
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 11:10

We would like to come if we can but I won't know for certain until the week of the rally so any date is the same to us.

The reason for this is I am waiting to go into hospital for a heart by-pass, the date they have given me is probably early Sept. but I am on the list for a short notice cancellation which could be as little as 24 hours. As they don't work weekends if I haven't heard by Wed. then it is unlikely to be that week.

At the moment our lives are on hold & we have had to cancel our usual trip to Europe & just try to fit the odd weekend in when we can.
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 23:27

We'd like to visit Beverley as used to live in Hull but unhappily we will not be available either of the weekends mentioned in August as on hols in Cornwall from 12th to 22nd August.

Sorry.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 09:22

My Motorhome: Elddis Autostratus EB
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
We'd like to visit Beverley as used to live in Hull but unhappily we will not be available either of the weekends mentioned in August as on hols in Cornwall from 12th to 22nd August.

Sorry.
We used to live in Willerby and Beverley was our regular shopping town so a rally in that area would be very attractive to us.
Our problem is that we cross to France on the 17th August so neither of those weekends is possible in that location.

Gillian

I'm 84 now. Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, & complain. And most do.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
Bernard M. Baruch

Member since 2003
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb2000
O.K. I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of dates for consideration:-

August 14/15th
August 21/22nd

Bear in mind we would need to book asap before someone else takes the venue.

Ian

We would certainly be interested but sorry folks. I cant have any time off in August. We have just got back from Skirlagh where Hubbies sister lives. We will be back up that way aprox end of October. Cant make it before. Im sorry.

Motorhomer
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 20:30

Rally OOOO fab ... my house completion is the 26th July (the day after Bug Jam finishes ) and I should hopefully have a motorhome within a month of completion.

August will probably be cutting it a bit fine for us - we may manage to turn up - just - but it could be a case of coming straight from the dealers! Sort of an inaugral run .... at least there'll be plenty of people there to help out us understand what all the gadgets and buttons on the new van will do

Leigh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page