Northern Rally - Beverley - 24th-26th Sept - Page 8 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 27-09-2004, 22:26

Thanks for a lovely weekend, Ian & Jacqui & of course everyone else as well. Will probably be using that site again as it's the closest we've found to friends in Hull/Cottingham.
Was good to put faces to names.
Kontiki, you would not have enjoyed the drive over on Friday - apparently a car transporter had gone on fire at lunchtime on the M60. It was nose to tail from Thelwall viaduct to Birch services. Took us an extra 2 hours - didn't get there till 10.30 pm Fri night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 28-09-2004, 13:06 Thread Starter

This may be duplicated in the rally section..............

Beverley Rally 24th - 26th Sept 2004

Arrived just before noon on Friday with a view to setting up before the first arrivals (Jacqui couldn't get the time off work so will follow in the car
later), got everything sorted, made myself a brew and went up the road to 'post' a couple of MHF signs, came back to put my feet up and have a coffee only to find the warden waiting with news that he wanted us to setup in the other field as he'd taken bookings for this one, which now meant we didn't have any electric (This didn't turnout to be such a problem after all).

Moved to the other rally field, setup and put the kettle on again. A few caravans arrived in the field adjacent followed by Joyce (Sealady) and Jacquie & John (LadyJ895), this took me off guard as I hadn't got round to moving the MHF direction arrow, when they realised they were in the wrong field they came over (Not before Joyce incurred the wrath of the warden for doing doughnuts on his nice turf).

Vans arrived steadily into the evening culminating in 10 overall, didn't think that was bad as we had 13 booked. settled down for the evening then noticed a van arriving around 22.30, it was Caroline (Caz) who had been held up by an accident.

The following morning saw everyone out putting faces to names, then Mandy & Dave arrived with their daughter Kirsty and her friend Amanda (Mandy & Dave were supplying the 'party bags' so everyone could take a puppy home with them). Helen & Geoff would be arriving later making 13 vans - 100% - result.

Before we left for the market (Brief walk round followed by visit to the pub) we asked if anyone would be interested in a couple of drinks in the evening (I'd said that there would be no agenda to the weekend, but didn't think this counted).

I think the evening went down well with a constant hum of conversation, so much so that at 22.30 I realised we'd missed tea (O.k. some might say I look like I should miss a meal or two).

Sunday morning was quite relaxed with people wandering off for walks etc. Thanks go to Geoff & Helen's Westie, which kept us entertained by jumping up and down on the vehicle horn, in their absence.

Vans departed steadily throught the afternoon, with everyone appearing to have enjoyed the weekend. It was then that Andy and myself realised we had a free day on Monday and, with Jacqui having her car there, soon hatched a plan to spend another night and let Rosie and Jacqui take steady drive home.

Ben & Lizzie also stayed on and a very relaxing Monday ensued. We had a low fly past over the field by the Red Arrows (I'm sure I ordered them for Sunday morning). Eventually packing up around 16.30 and heading for home.

Jacqui and I would like to thank everyone who attended and made a pleasant weekend of it.

Ian & Jacqui
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 28-09-2004, 16:03

Good report Ian - I only left a little doughnut and I didn't charge the warden for it and whats this about your kettle being on, Friday, and not supplying us travel weary ralliers with a reviving cuppa - I am going to have to report to Jacquie aka LadyJ894.

With regards to the Red Arrows fly past didn't that event occur at 4am. Saturday morning preceded by the fireworks at 11pm. Friday night. I thought we were going to have a quiet weekend without any events planned indeed.

Still unable to find the date of the next rally

post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 29-09-2004, 02:41

beverley rally

Better late than never; Can I join in with the thanks to Ian and Jacqui for organising an excellent weekend/ venue.

It was good to meet likeminded people who enjoy their motorhoming and are prepared to put in some effort/ mileage to get the lifestyle so many talk about .

Great to meet you all, hope to meet again some day;will certainly look out for you; but will try not to crash into you whilst checking out the reg. if on the road.

Happy travelling to all from Bella n "jessica"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page