Rallying updates - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 18:40 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Rallying updates

I have been looking into doing a short term rally for mhfacts, and one venue has arisen in Exmoor, Its a Public House with attached restaurant, they serve real ales and have a nice field next to the inn itself. The facilities that look like being on offer are fresh water and maybe a waste disposal point (But maybe not for chemical toilets only sogs etc)

They also have a skittle alley.

There would probably be a small cost of say 2-3 per MH, a meal would be available from the restaurant menu on Saturday that an extra fee would apply.

I am just trying to canvas opinion as to whom could make it etc

It would be sometime in the next 7-8 weeks hopefully Friday/Saturday but the Inn owner would be open to people turning up earlier and leaving later etc.

Please answer the survey on the main page so i can try and see how many people would be interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 16-04-2004, 17:27 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
last minute info, i mistakenly stated in the newsletter that the rally will be in the field next to the inn, it is in fact a disused car park, so would be hardstandings for all
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 18-04-2004, 22:15

sorry Dave no can do,
but I hope it comes off and you have great time. :P
don't forget the photos

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 18-04-2004, 22:55

Sorry Dave, we're in Cyprus that weekend, also it is a bit far for us just for a couple of nights. Hope all goes well

Ian
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 18-04-2004, 23:25

Well I'm not sorry I can't be there - I'll be in the Caribbean!

Decided not to take the van on account of only having a week off work. On the upside, we're going all-inclusive to Antigua, so it's not ALL bad...

Do enjoy Exmoor won't you?

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 19-04-2004, 16:03

Sorry , but we are already booked for the Newbury show ...

Jim
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 20-04-2004, 13:46

Sorry, we can't make it either - last home game of the season!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 20-04-2004, 14:28

We start main hols following week, couldnt come that far south, back and then back again within a week
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 24-04-2004, 00:40

My Motorhome: Esterel 21LB
Send a message via Skype™ to carol
Rally Information - Who IS coming?

Hi

I see from the poll on the front of the site that 7 people have indivated that they will be coming to the Meet in May on Exmoor.

I would really appreciate it if those that WILL be coming could email me direct at [email protected] to let me know who you are, what you will be in etc.,

I can then contact you direct should I need to at all.

The Landlord has said that he would be happy if people wished to stay a few days either side of the meet/rally on the site, obviously you would need to pay him direct.

The fee for the nights you stay will be payable in cash upon arrival.

I can provide information on what is available in the area to see/do if you wish, or if you let me know what sort of things you are interested in, I can find out for you.

I look forward to receiving information from anyone able to attend, it would be really nice to put faces to names.

See you in May

Carol

Carol

Wishing you the Best
Opportunity never goes away!
It just goes to someone else!

Thinking of Peter, Fiona, Chris,UncleNorm and Viv, but still Fighting with Mavis, Ray, and Paul (Otto)

For friends Click for Photos of Aires, Chateau etc. Please leave comments if you wish.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 21:26

This sort of rally sounds really great. Sadly we can't go anywhere 'til July. I like the sound of it because it isn't 'big' or 'over-organised' - small and ad hoc suits us better.

Perhaps a regular calendar of rally venues would allow most of us the opportunity to attend a rally almost any week we choose. For instance, would The Sportsman on Exmoor be available for, say, a weekend each month? We'd only need four or five more good venues like this around the country, and we'd have a full years' rally programme! (Better than some of the established clubs!)

So, we've got (potentially) one venue in the West Country - all we now need is perhaps Shropshire/mid Wales, East Anglia area, North York moors area and Scottish Borders and the whole country's covered. Can you explain how you approached the licensee of The Sportsman, Carol? How amenable was he, and how much persuading did you need to do? The fact that he's prepared to let units stay longer either side of the weekend is excellent - it makes long journeys worthwhile. Maybe some kind of 'proforma' to introduce us to potential hosts would be in order?

My motorcycle club does something similar to this, in that they have regular evening meeting venues all over the country for the various regions. I know that, wherever in the country I am, I can show up at a friendly venue for a meeting with 'like minds' on almost any week of the year.

Maybe this is a good direction for this super "club" of ours to go? What do all of you out there think?

Barry

Barry

Don´t use a big word when a diminutive abbreviation will adequately suffice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page