Rallying updates - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 20:05

greattttttttttttt we will able to make the new date we look forwards to a great weekend as we only live in zumerset.
dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 21:10

Just like BSB2000 It's too far for us Yorkies to travel for a weekend

I would love to meet up with some of the others on this great site

Can we have a rally closer to the centre (where ever that may be) so we all have an even chance

George
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 21:42

I would be keen to attend a rally with you lot if it was accessible. From East Anglia, Devon is just too far for a weekend. I know, that's where I went for my van!
If it is any help, the dog shows that get the best attendance seem to be in the Midlands - the Cotswolds look nice - but I don't know what's involved of course - I've never been to a rally!
Andrea.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 23:54

We would also like to attend but its too far to travel for the weekend for this rally.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 00:02
ken

Ditto here as well. Exmoor a bit too far to travel for a weekend from here in Folkestone. That is the trouble with my location, every where involves a lot of travelling inland.

Ken
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:00

My Motorhome: Esterel 21LB
Send a message via Skype™ to carol
COME ON WHERE ARE YOU ALL FOR THE RALLY MAY 14/15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken
Ditto here as well. Exmoor a bit too far to travel for a weekend from here in Folkestone. That is the trouble with my location, every where involves a lot of travelling inland.

Ken
I appreciate what you and others all say, but then you like us live on the fringes of the UK, you down south east and us in the south west. For a lot of us there is NO easy place to meet up, we all have to travel sometimes quite a distance, which I realise makes it difficult to plan a meet - anywhere.

However, I had hoped that as the Landlord had allowed stopping before and after that it would have meant more would have made the effort for the rally on 14/15th May - but perhaps there are a lot more members out there who are still working than we realised.

I suppose I am disappointed that I have not received one email for the above weekend - yet 9 people voted to say they would be there. I know I was 1 of those, and Dave was another - so where are the other 7.....

Dave has mentioned the rally moving to 21st weekend but that has not even been checked with the Landlord to see if it is free - and I have had one email only if we were able to switch, which to be honest I don't think makes it viable.

I know we have said you do not have to book - you don't - but a show of hands from those HOPING to make it would really be appreciated.

Come on - this is the first rally we are trying to organise - the area is wonderful for walking and exploring - so try to make it.

With best wishes
Carol

email: [email protected]

Carol

Wishing you the Best
Opportunity never goes away!
It just goes to someone else!

Thinking of Peter, Fiona, Chris,UncleNorm and Viv, but still Fighting with Mavis, Ray, and Paul (Otto)

For friends Click for Photos of Aires, Chateau etc. Please leave comments if you wish.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 10:58

Carol I for one appriciate the efforts some people put in to orginise a rally & like you said it is probably an ideal location. It still doesn't help if it's too far away for just a weekend epecially for people who are working. From past experience usually only half the people who say they are coming turn up, often through unforseen problems. Like you said it is always going to be difficult for people who live on the 'fringes' but by the same argument organising a rally in one of these 'fringes' of the country can't be well supported. I agree with Andrea that probably something organised in the Midlands would stand a better chance.

All that said I hope that you have a good weekend no matter how many come.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page