Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Shabbingdon, Nr Thame @ Shabbingdon Steam Rally

33K views 72 replies 32 participants last post by  alexblack13 
#1 ·
There has been a new Rally added to the rally programme. The Rally is at Shabbingdon Steam Rally in Shabbingdon, Nr Thame, Buckinghamshire starting 02/08/2013

More information will be available at the following url once the entry has been approved and active (Normally within 24hrs):
http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Rallies&op=display_results&rid=389

If you have any questions about the rally or want to chat about it then please post in this thread.

#38 ·
Still quite a few unconfirmed on this rally :cry: and I think Clive might have a waiting list so if you all could confirm yourselves it would be appreciated

f64

If you can't confirm yourself send me a pm and I will do it for you as Clive is rather busy this week I think earning some pennies :lol:

If anyone is NOT coming on the list can you please let us know

Jacquie

#39 ·
There is now a 3 tonne weight limit on the road into Shabbington from the junction of the A418 at North Weston. Over weight vehicles should seek an alternative route into the rally site.

Anyone worked out a good alternative route yet.

#40 ·
Spacerunner said:
There is now a 3 tonne weight limit on the road into Shabbington from the junction of the A418 at North Weston. Over weight vehicles should seek an alternative route into the rally site.

Anyone worked out a good alternative route yet.
I will get off the M40 and go straight past the the North Weston junction, turn left at the first round-about, left at the second round-about and then turn left again after a while to go into Shabbington on the Long Crendon road.

I hope that helps.

#43 ·
moblee said:
Do we have a earliest arrival time for Friday :?:

Thanks.
The gates should be open from 08:00 just park your self if i am not about and when i am there i ll just move you if necessary, we have about 30 vans arriving so space is going to be a little tight..... i am working on site so will not be far away....

#44 ·
Route into Shabbington avoiding weight limit

We are coming from the West (Sunny Tewkesbury)
Having spent a bit of time looking at Google earth I think Cronkles route via Long Crendon is likely to be better than coming from Wheatley. In fact the B4011 coming north from Thame even shows a car transporter going sth so although its a B, it cant be that bad. Having said that I've seen car transporters trimming trees, but we wont go there will we?

You can see the reason for the weight limit south of the Old Fisherman Pub. I wouldn't say its impossible for a 3.5t like us but its a long narrow stretch and it would get pretty snarled up.

See you there

Mike & Ann

#50 ·
What a great weekend and how brilliant to meet so many old friends. Thanks to Clive & Dinks for the organisation and the impromptu fire control demonstration at the bbq :))

#51 ·
Shabbington

Thanks Clive and Di for arranging this Rally...and the welcome from John and Jac.....what a fantastic, spirit lifting weekend. It was great to be in the same field as the heavy horses and watch them calmly enjoying the weather...very relaxing....who cares about the odd shower! How life used to be ...old fashioned and easy going. We loved it all...hoping to be doing it all again next year.

Sundial T&J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.