Dometic B2200 Blows EHU - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-12-2013, 13:08 Thread Starter

Dometic B2200 Blows EHU

Dear All

Hoping that someone might be able to help with an issue we have with our Dometic B2200 roof mounted Aircon unit.

We have used it in summer periods including this year without any problem and it works fine.

However in November I tried using it in it's heat mode, more to see how effective it was, but also to get the temperature up in the motorhome quickly on a cold day.

After running for about 5 seconds it blew the site EHU point. Got the warden out and we tried other points on the same post (16 amp) and the same happened, even with the aircon unit 'switched' off

Eventually I found the mains isolator for the aircon unit and switched this off and our electrics stayed on for the rest of the time.

My first thoughts are that the heating element has gone - do you think this could be correct

Many thanks in anticipation!

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-12-2013, 13:15

Send a message via MSN to premiermotorhomes
Good afternoon Senator,

I am unable to assist directly with your enquiry, but I would recommend emailing Dometic via [email protected] for assistance. To assist them it maybe beneficial to attach a photograph of the serial number plate on the air con, located on the black base of the main body of the unit towards the front.

Regards,
Chris

Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 7BU 01243 511189

Members of Checkatrade, Trading Standards Buy With Confidence. NCC Approved Dealership & Approved Workshop.

If my post has helped you, please click thanks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-12-2013, 13:26

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
having had a search on this unit, as I was tempted to have one fitted this year, I noted that there were a lot of negative comments and faults. I did also note that it is now being replaced.

cabby

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-12-2013, 13:30 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by premiermotorhomes
Good afternoon Senator,

I am unable to assist directly with your enquiry, but I would recommend emailing Dometic via [email protected] for assistance. To assist them it maybe beneficial to attach a photograph of the serial number plate on the air con, located on the black base of the main body of the unit towards the front.

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I noted that the instruction mention this data plate, and I have removed the internal cover to reveal the black base but there is no sign of this data plate.

Is it perhaps on the side of this black base and visible on the outside only? That being the case I would need to get on the roof and lay on my side to see it I guess? It's raining here in Worthing so can't do it at the moment - is there bright sunshine in the Witterings heading our way?

By the way the oven shelf fits a treat

Mark
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-12-2013, 13:35 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
having had a search on this unit, as I was tempted to have one fitted this year, I noted that there were a lot of negative comments and faults. I did also note that it is now being replaced.

cabby
Hi cabby

Did some searching myself over this issue I have and have seen the comments as well. Ours, aside from this issue, has been very good. I guess all those units that are running without fault don't get mentioned?

Considering the cost of these units they should be first class.

Mark
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 31-12-2013, 14:09

Send a message via MSN to premiermotorhomes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiermotorhomes
Good afternoon Senator,

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I noted that the instruction mention this data plate, and I have removed the internal cover to reveal the black base but there is no sign of this data plate.

Is it perhaps on the side of this black base and visible on the outside only? That being the case I would need to get on the roof and lay on my side to see it I guess? It's raining here in Worthing so can't do it at the moment - is there bright sunshine in the Witterings heading our way?

By the way the oven shelf fits a treat

Mark
Good afternoon Mark,

I should have been more explicit in my original post, the plate is visible externally on the main body of the appliance and is about the same sizeish as a VIN plate.

I have to provide the rather unfortunate news that we will not be sending you any bright sunshine your way, as the description of your weather fits ours perfectly and I can't see it improving this afternoon.

Cabby, the Blizzard range which originated from Waeco many years ago has as you have identified been superceded by the more compact Freshjet range. We don't sell any great numbers of air cons, but cumulatively we are fortunate enough not to have had any issues with any units sold that I can recollect and I believe them to generally be a reliable unit.

Regards,
Chris

Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 7BU 01243 511189

Members of Checkatrade, Trading Standards Buy With Confidence. NCC Approved Dealership & Approved Workshop.

If my post has helped you, please click thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page