Freshlight 2200 replacement or not??? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 14:44 Thread Starter

Freshlight 2200 replacement or not???

Hi all, first time post as my questions are normally answered somewhere in the forums.

Anyway,

We had a Dometic Freshlight 2200 installed just over a month ago and needless to say it was freezing and raining for a couple of weeks after it was fitted. On the first hot day I thought great time for a proper test.

So I as soon as I returned home from work switched the unit on automatic setting set at 16 degrees and promptly left it to cool the van.

Resisting temptation to go in the van I did keep popping my head outside the front door too evaluate the noise that the unit was giving off from the outside and was pleased that the unit was very quiet from the outside.

On my third noise check I was concerned to note that the unit was so quiet it actually was not running at all.

So into the van to investigate !!!

Still red hot inside the van and the mains trip switch inside the van had tripped.

Switched off the unit at the newly installed switch , reset the mains trip switch and as soon as I switched the unit back on at the new mains switch located in the cupboard it tripped the mains switch out again.

Switched everything off. And decided to call the installer the following day. I actually sent an email on that evening and the installer called me promptly at 8.30 the next morning concerned about my issue.

The unit resets itself after about 2 hours allowing it to be run.

The installer has subsequently contacted Dometic and has been told of a modification of installing some extra insulation pads to stop condensation???

Needless to say the pads did not arrive from Dometic in time for the installer to arrange an install before we headed to the south of France for our 2 week tour.

Having been in warmer climates testing the unit I have discovered that I believe that it is indeed condensation causing the issue, I have been able to run the unit on the 2 lower fan settings without any issue, ( which has cooled the van sufficiently in 32 degrees)

As soon as I switch the unit to 3rd fan setting the I did actually notice a drip of water from the vents.

I never ran the unit above second fan setting discovering this water drip.

Now after my rant, my questions are,

Has anybody else with Dometic units had similar problems?

And

Surely this modification is not standard and I should be insisting on a replacement unit rather than a modification as condensation is obviously getting to the electronics and shorting then out which will not be good for the long life of the unit

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 14:56

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We have one

Occasionally we have noticed a drip of water but it has never caused a problem

We have found ours to be excellent in all the different modes Ours was fitted about 2 yrs ago and I am not aware if any modifications came with it

it is as you have noticed very quiet from outside the van and very unlikely to cause anyone problems

Aldra
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 21:21

I've just seen your post Matb. Has the problem been resolved?

We had one of these units installed in the summer and used it quite a lot in France in Aug / Sept. It was normally set on auto and worked fine. Some nights we left it on overnight on the sleep mode and again it was OK. We didn't have any condensation inside the motorhome but there was some outside which ran down the side of the motorhome.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 23:15

It is normal for you to get condensate running off the roof of the motorhome. It comes off the evaporator.

You should not get it inside.

The problem if you get it exchanged is that you may well end up with old, non modified stock.

I would see what the mod involves and ask what production line changes have been made (are Dometic just fitting the pads).?

TM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evap_108.jpg (32.0 KB, 4 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page