Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Football (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/237-football/)
-   -   Football post for football Fans !! (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/237-football/75340-football-post-football-fans.html)

moblee 03-10-2010 11:05

Football post for football Fans !!

Hi, Now the title is very specific :D

I've come on here for a Rant :!:

My team :? Cambridge united are having a very bad start to the season....The last 3 games have seen them lose to AFC Wimbledon,Newport county, & Bath city :!: (NO Disrespect Intended)
but a few season's ago these teams were using Jumpers for goalposts.

My wife say's pick another team :roll: (Alright love) :lol:

Just feeling disillusioned & feel like taking the advice of the Majority on here and start following Tennis,cricket or Rugby.

Anyone :!: On here ever felt the same way about their team ? Please :(

bigpieeater 03-10-2010 11:18

Hi Moblee
I feel for you, my team is Bradford City!! :( Not long ago we were welcoming the likes of Chelsea and Manchester Utd to Valley Parade!
Now we are sat second to the bottom of league 2 (the old div 4)
Peter Taylor is our manager and we have just signed Lee Hendrie, and still 2nd bottom. :oops:
You simply cannot change teams, you have to take the bad times, this makes the good times that much better.
Have you thought of changing wife?
Only joking :D
We are going full time next year and wll obviously be visiting places such as Barcelona, Madrid, Milan etc...maybe I can become a part time supporter of any of these clubs as I will be a temporary resident!! :lol:

lifestyle 03-10-2010 11:42

Hi Moblee.
I know how you feel ,i support Liverpool.
I`m just glad i have seen some success over the years,but cannot see much change in the forseeable future :cry: :cry: .
Just hope they win today,so they go above Everton :lol: :lol:

Les

jimmyd0g 03-10-2010 11:51

Sorry for the way things are going at CU. I'm sure that things will turn around in time. The set-up at your place is just too good to be down for too long.
You ask if you should give up on Cambridge? Isn't the question really 'Should / can Cambridge give up on you?' Some how I doubt it :). They have, no doubt, infected you in a way that my lot have infected me over these last 50 years or so. In otherwords, don't try & fight it because you can't win. You may decide to miss a game or two but, ultimately, a local derby against Histon or a wet Tuesday against Gateshead will draw you back. You know it...I know it...and every chuffin' football fan on here knows it!! :)

moblee 03-10-2010 12:09

Thanks chaps :D

I've supported United for 34 years now through the good & the Bad times.

There Does come a time though when watching dross really starts to p*ss you off :!: :!: :o :lol:

jimmyd0g 03-10-2010 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by moblee
Thanks chaps :D

I've supported United for 34 years now through the good & the Bad times.

There Does come a time though when watching dross really starts to p*ss you off :!: :!: :o :lol:

Please, listen to yer Uncle jimmy. Firstly, 98% of football fans are watching dross (that's a fact...just invented by me :)) so you aren't alone there. Secondly, I personally (other than to give a fellow member of the forum some support) don't care whether you are watching dross or eating caviar, the point remains that CU are in your blood & there is chuff all you can do about it. Go on then, miss half a dozen games, but don't come crying to me when you are watching repeats of Homes Under The Hammer or the latest goings on in a 'typical' street in Manchester. Then you really will have something to be p***ed off about!!

KSH 03-10-2010 13:10

Am I the only one who isn't complaining in here then :lol: :lol: :lol:

DTPCHEMICALS 03-10-2010 13:10

Start watching world superbikes.

Last race today.

As for footy.

Doncaster Rovers lifelong fan.

dave p

CourtJester 03-10-2010 13:16

Up the Vale. We lost on Saturday but are still top of L2 so far. Mickey Adams is good manager.

jimmyd0g 03-10-2010 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSH
Am I the only one who isn't complaining in here then :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my closest friends - a season ticket holder at your place until the end of last season. Still goes, on a casual, pay per game, basis. Guess where he WASN'T yesterday? A text he sent me last night, suggests it's a decision he will regret for the rest of his life.