Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Football (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/237-football/)
-   -   Football post for football Fans !! (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/237-football/75340-football-post-football-fans.html)

moblee 19-09-2011 22:06

2 Attachment(s)
1000th post.

bognormike 19-09-2011 22:07

did you think I'd been banned? :lol:

long way to go, etc etc - mutterings about various fallouts with the manager, he'll need to keep the good players on board to see us through - a tough league this year.

moblee 20-09-2011 23:30

cufc 2 - 0 eufc :D (ebbsfleet)

At home to Darlington saturday another win should take us into the top 5......Nosebleed time :lol:

Telbell 23-09-2011 00:30

4th October is likely to be an interesting day for football-especially Premier League clubs and supporters

The European Court of Justice will rule on whether the way the PL sells its broadcasting rights in the European Union is legal.

This follows on from the "Mrs Murphy" case.....Mrs Karen Murphy, who used decoder cards imported from Greece to show PL games. -not the only publican to do this of course

If she wins, then Sky's and ESPN's monopoly will end-and PL clubs in particular will have to go back to the drawing board as their lucrative income from Sky will presumably be much reduced.

Watch that space!!

moblee 23-09-2011 09:26

All the Sky sports channels are suppose to be Free this weekend.....A taste of things to come :?: :lol:

Dean saunders has dumped (sorry) left Wrexham & gone to Doncaster rovers,Ex rovers manager Sean O'Driscoll wants to concentrate on his rugby 8O :lol: :lol:

bognormike 23-09-2011 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telbell
4th October is likely to be an interesting day for football-especially Premier League clubs and supporters

The European Court of Justice will rule on whether the way the PL sells its broadcasting rights in the European Union is legal.

This follows on from the "Mrs Murphy" case.....Mrs Karen Murphy, who used decoder cards imported from Greece to show PL games. -not the only publican to do this of course

If she wins, then Sky's and ESPN's monopoly will end-and PL clubs in particular will have to go back to the drawing board as their lucrative income from Sky will presumably be much reduced.

Watch that space!!

thanks for the reminder, Tel. I suppose the argument is that it goes against the open sale of goods & services across the EU - why shouldn't anybody in the EU be able to buy their TV services from whoever can provide it at the cheapest price?
And of course technically all those people who take their Sky boxes & cards away with them across Europe are also acting illegally (as things stand) - it is only available in the UK, but of course Sky turn a blind eye to all this - it's more money for Mr M. :roll:

Telbell 23-09-2011 14:05

Quote:

I suppose the argument is that it goes against the open sale of goods & services across the EU - why shouldn't anybody in the EU be able to buy their TV services from whoever can provide it at the cheapest price?
That's right Mike. Interestingly a European Judge (Advocate General) has already said that consumers should be able to search the European market for the cheapest product and not be exclusively tied into a broadcaster because of where that consumer lives. That view is not binding though.....but is hugely persuasive!

Ramifications are potentially tremendous & anything that hurts RM is good for me!

Could be that the big clubs could take their broadcasting rights into their own hands and charge subscription fees for their own fans to watch the matches on their own platform.....and perhaps
Sky bidding for MOTD??

A chance that there may be a huge change in the way we watch football in this country.

bognormike 23-09-2011 15:27

and of course that is what the big clubs want, because they could get alot more individually than the spread across the whole league that happens now. After all, Man U v Liverpool (for example) is a damn sight more attractive that (say) Wigan v Fulham :roll:

moblee 23-09-2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bognormike
After all, Man U v Liverpool (for example) is a damn sight more attractive that (say) Wigan v Fulham :roll:

:o As the original poster I feel I must apologise for Mike's observations,to any wigan or fulham fans looking in :!: :D

bognormike 23-09-2011 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by moblee
Quote:

Originally Posted by bognormike
After all, Man U v Liverpool (for example) is a damn sight more attractive that (say) Wigan v Fulham :roll:

:o As the original poster I feel I must apologise for Mike's observations,to any wigan or fulham fans looking in :!: :D

mmmm

well, Blackburn v QPR then? :lol: