replacing cycle tyres help needed - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 31-10-2015, 22:38 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,226 Times in 1,071 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Barry

Bikes in the Luton? must make the sheets dirtier than Tuggers' curtains. They should be in a garage.

Just get a MH with a bloody garage - the front end is a U-shaped lounge - with a bigger window.

Geoff
LOL! your still trying to convince me to dump my Caravan layout van huh?

I boarded the luton out with hardboard and foam and now get two bikes, a dinghy and other fun stuff up there. So I now have two lounges left thanks! Including three big windows at the back and not the one I spend all day looking through when driving! Guffaw.

We do have a garage underneath as well which goes right through but you wouldnt get more than a couple of skinny migrants in it.
tugboat and tugboat like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 07:08

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post

I boarded the luton out with hardboard and foam and now get two bikes, a dinghy and other fun stuff up there. So I now have two lounges left thanks! Including three big windows at the back and not the one I spend all day looking through when driving! Guffaw.

We do have a garage underneath as well which goes right through but you wouldnt get more than a couple of skinny migrants in it.
So many lounges to lounge about in - you'll never get the tyre on
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 09:21

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Quote:

You tell 'im, Barry. These A class types need taking down a peg or two. Lutons rule, OK!

I'm daft and proud of it.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat View Post
You tell 'im, Barry. These A class types need taking down a peg or two. Lutons rule, OK!
Ganging up on me Eh?

Wait till I get to you two over on FC.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 14:45

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Bring yer handbag!

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 16:34 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
I done the tyre!!!!!

I would like to say it was a five minute job but not quite. The scooter rack though makes a great bicycle work bench which saves my knees a little bit. Anyway. No problem really but getting the wheel back in is a faff as you kind of need four hands to prize the frame apart, make sure the wheel washer is on the right side and then push it in at the same time.

The new tyre looks a lot smaller than the mountain bike tyre and I think its made riding on the road a bit easier so I wish I had got two now. Also blows up to 65psi where the old one was just 50psi. So thanks for talking me through this one as in future ill sort it myself!

I'm on a roll as I lost my brake lights this morning on the van, just a fuse which I actually had a spare of! How organised is that?

Cheers

Ps. Yeah Tuggers, I agree. Bloody pompous A Class owners. Just wait until nicholshlong gets that Concorde or whatever it is he keeps banging on about, he won't even bother to talk to us at all then.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 16:52 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I done the tyre!!!!!

I would like to say it was a five minute job but not quite. The scooter rack though makes a great bicycle work bench which saves my knees a little bit. Anyway. No problem really but getting the wheel back in is a faff as you kind of need four hands to prize the frame apart, make sure the wheel washer is on the right side and then push it in at the same time.

The new tyre looks a lot smaller than the mountain bike tyre and I think its made riding on the road a bit easier so I wish I had got two now. Also blows up to 65psi where the old one was just 50psi. So thanks for talking me through this one as in future ill sort it myself!

I'm on a roll as I lost my brake lights this morning on the van, just a fuse which I actually had a spare of! How organised is that?

Cheers

Ps. Yeah Tuggers, I agree. Bloody pompous A Class owners. Just wait until nicholshlong gets that Concorde or whatever it is he keeps banging on about, he won't even bother to talk to us at all then.

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 16:54 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Sorry for the double post. I've been trying to post it for three hours. Blooming toggle mobile signal.

I had to cycle up a mountain to tell you that. No, don't thank me.

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 17:05

Quote:
I done the tyre!!!!!

Cheers

Barry

Slurrrring my name at this time in the afternoon?

And you only bought one new tyre? - at the speed you are 'dashing back to WORK' you will break another one before you get home.

65psi is all I put in the front end of the MH - but there again look at what it is carrying

As for not talking to you in future - thanks for the idea. Anyway I may not have time in the Carthago/Concorde as I will need a lot of time operating and maintaining the self-levelling, in-built generator, cab and hab aircon - and the Smart car of course. The bicycle tyres I shall leave to the chauffeur.

Now p*ss off home - Michelle must have had enough of being couped up with you in a 'leaky pile of British ****' - lower Class.

Your 'A' Class friend, with an 'A' Class MH.

[It has been a bad w/e - tell you in private later]

Geoff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page