World Champion again!! - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 20:24

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
Jo662

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion but to simply post an uniformed comment from a position of ignorance in respect what happened during the race is certainly putting yourself in a position where others will (with some justification) criticise your incorrect blanket assumption.

It would have given far more credence to your post if you HAD said something along the lines of "Nice to see it wasnt the usual procession" or similar.

Andy
Sorry, I will try and pick my words carefully even if it means the same thing.I have watched F1 this season and not seen alot of excitement.And being away in France I didnt see this race so was commenting from what I had seen so far.
At least you partly agree with me about some of F1!
Blizzard and Blizzard like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-10-2015, 09:13

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanner View Post
The BBC NEVER say that for F1, only ever for sports (usually football) that involve BALLS.

The result of overnight F1 races is regularly given out on Sunday Morning news bulletins without any pre-warning whatsoever.
of course you are correct Stanner, i often find myself in a situation whereby i have to avoid TV and radio for a day or two until i get to watch a race.

some may argue that F1 does involve balls, big ones at that,

Lee
Stanner and Stanner like this.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-10-2015, 09:27

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDave View Post
I've been asleep

I apologise for not thinking about the impact of my post - especially the title - I was just excited for Lewis

Apologies again

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave

It's very refreshing to see someone put their hand up and say i got it wrong, hats off to you.

Lee

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 00:53

Thanks BBC News.

Driving home to sit down and watch the Mexican GP and on the 10pm news without any warning or preamble they suddenly announce "Nico Rosberg has won the Mexican GP".

I should have realised they'd do it, but wanted to hear the news and they went straight from "general news" to "sports" without so much as taking a breath or saying that "sports" was coming next.

Surely someone on the BBC news team know that the GP is on later?

But of course it doesn't matter as it isn't important like Football, Rugby or Cricket is it?

No, it's only the one sport we totally whup the rest of the world at, instead of being the crap "also rans" they laugh at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page