World Champion again!! - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
- disappointing to say the least, the Beeb usually says "if you don't want to know the result etc....."
The BBC NEVER say that for F1, only ever for sports (usually football) that involve BALLS.

The result of overnight F1 races is regularly given out on Sunday Morning news bulletins without any pre-warning whatsoever.
Chausson and Chausson like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 09:46

Quote:
Not a rant, just a simple request to think before posting as not everyone can see such things live.....

Dave
Fully agree Dave, a little "F1 Spoiler Alert" as the title, with the detail further in would have kept me well clear until I'd got to watch the coverage

I participate in a road cycling forum where just for starters, you would be publicly hung, drawn and quartered if you put any details of a day's racing up without a "Spoiler Alert" in such as the Giro d'Italia or TdF
Penquin and Penquin like this.

2005 Bailey Senator Wyoming - 2009 Bessacarr E769 - 2012 Swift Bolero 712SB - 2017 Auto-Sleeper Kingham (On Order)
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 10:30

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Fully agree Dave, a little "F1 Spoiler Alert" as the title, with the detail further in would have kept me well clear until I'd got to watch the coverage
and no comment from the OP.......

I did watch the race and in spite of knowing the result did not fall asleep as it was an excellent RACE with the outcome unclear until the very end and the tiny slip which gave the winner the race....

F1 CAN be a procession - partly because the cars are similar in performance - except Mercedes this year and partly because overtaking is VERY difficult in the space available.....

But yesterday's race was full of events which changed things, virtual and real safety cars and cars failing to negotiate bends - perhaps as a residual effect of the horrendous weather which had cancelled the qualifying on Saturday and was still a clear factor in Q1 and Q2 as Q3 could not take place......

Hamilton is an outstandingly good driver, backed and supported by a superb team, Rosberg does not quite have the competitive edge that Hamilton does although the two cars are VERY similar in performance but are set up slightly differently.

I feel safe posting those details now as t is more tan 10 hours since the race and the headlines have been widespread.

and YES I do agree with Stanner that the BBC only warns for ball sports and even then only for the game played by hooligans pretending to be gentlemen.......

Dave
GEMMY, GEMMY, Chausson and 1 others like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 10:49 Thread Starter

Location: Summer - Overton, Hampshire: Winter - La Manga, Spain
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil Integra 810 HB-L is sold and gone. Hobby 650 Prestige caravan for Winters in Spain
Quote:
and no comment from the OP.......

I did watch the race and in spite of knowing the result did not fall asleep as it was an excellent RACE with the outcome unclear until the very end and the tiny slip which gave the winner the race....

F1 CAN be a procession - partly because the cars are similar in performance - except Mercedes this year and partly because overtaking is VERY difficult in the space available.....

But yesterday's race was full of events which changed things, virtual and real safety cars and cars failing to negotiate bends - perhaps as a residual effect of the horrendous weather which had cancelled the qualifying on Saturday and was still a clear factor in Q1 and Q2 as Q3 could not take place......

Hamilton is an outstandingly good driver, backed and supported by a superb team, Rosberg does not quite have the competitive edge that Hamilton does although the two cars are VERY similar in performance but are set up slightly differently.

I feel safe posting those details now as t is more tan 10 hours since the race and the headlines have been widespread.

and YES I do agree with Stanner that the BBC only warns for ball sports and even then only for the game played by hooligans pretending to be gentlemen.......

Dave
I've been asleep

I apologise for not thinking about the impact of my post - especially the title - I was just excited for Lewis

Apologies again

Cheers

Dave
teljoy, teljoy, Penquin and 7 others like this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDave View Post
I've been asleep

I apologise for not thinking about the impact of my post - especially the title - I was just excited for Lewis

Apologies again

Cheers

Dave
I normally don't watch a race once I've heard the result, but I made an exception with this being Lewis' third world championship win.... And I'm pleased I did, it was superb and so enjoyable that I've already forgiven you Dave

Ken.
HarleyDave and HarleyDave like this.

2005 Bailey Senator Wyoming - 2009 Bessacarr E769 - 2012 Swift Bolero 712SB - 2017 Auto-Sleeper Kingham (On Order)
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 11:43 Thread Starter

Location: Summer - Overton, Hampshire: Winter - La Manga, Spain
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil Integra 810 HB-L is sold and gone. Hobby 650 Prestige caravan for Winters in Spain
Thanks Ken

Cheers

Dave
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 14:22

Quote:
overpaid hooligans being petulant overpaid hooligans.......
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 14:53

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Thanks Dave, I did not expect that you would have thought about it - the excitement of his winning was immense.

@Stanner - now which London Manager are you referring to there......

The one from Liverpool who maintained he would still be working, came down to earth very rapidly.....

Dave

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Last edited by Penquin; 26-10-2015 at 14:56.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 15:51

All of them - managers, coaches, players, spectators, the lot.
Penquin and Penquin like this.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-10-2015, 17:46

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Jo662

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion but to simply post an uniformed comment from a position of ignorance in respect what happened during the race is certainly putting yourself in a position where others will (with some justification) criticise your incorrect blanket assumption.

It would have given far more credence to your post if you HAD said something along the lines of "Nice to see it wasnt the usual procession" or similar.

Andy
GEMMY, GEMMY, Penquin and 1 others like this.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page