Italian Grand Prix Formula 1 Advice needed - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 10:56 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cater_racer
Last time I did Monza, my vehicle got broken into and I never did get to sit in the seat I booked.

If you get grandstand tickets, arrive early or somebody else will be sitting in your seat and they can be difficult to remove!!!!

During the race the local riff-raff know you aren't home and help themselves to anything they can get their hands on!

The local police are far to busy to bother and will definitely not be able to understand you, even if you speak Italian!!!

Hence I've been to Spa 10 times, Hockenheim 6 times, Zeltweg 5 times, Nurburgring 8 times, Monza once..............
[quote=missbusybusy"]
During the race the local riff-raff know you aren't home and help themselves to anything they can get their hands on! [quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was concerned about security. Was this at the campsite on Via
Lambro about 4km from the autodromo? Do you know what security is like there? It has to be Monza as the anniversary is in September.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 11:12

book in a nice hotel watch the race on telly with a nice bottle of champers!! I would not visit Monza again ,fully agree with previous comments re what goes on there save your money go to a nice GP another time..
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 08:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Update now that Monza race is over

Thanks to all those who gave helpful comments. We really enjoyed our trip to Monza and our "meet and greet" with Martin Brundell. The day was extremely hot but did not deter us from enjoying the experience especially sitting in the posh seats overlooking the start.

The result was good as Lewis beat Rosberg. F1 Camping organised our three day experience very well and we were pleased with them.

We are now making our way slowly back home through France and currently in the Dordogne region enjoying the sun. A good end to our anniversary celebration.

Terry and Joy

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 11:35

Great outcome.
Well done.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 20-12-2015, 11:18

My Motorhome: Frankia I740+50
Teljoy

Any chance you can give me a little more information

We have decided on Monza for next years F1 trip and need a space for a 7.5 meter motorhome

Not really worried about facilities as we always use our own and will easily have plenty of water etc for a 3 or 4 day stay.

Any tips greatly appreciated
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 20-12-2015, 16:26 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezmcd View Post
Teljoy

Any chance you can give me a little more information

We have decided on Monza for next years F1 trip and need a space for a 7.5 meter motorhome

Not really worried about facilities as we always use our own and will easily have plenty of water etc for a 3 or 4 day stay.

Any tips greatly appreciated
We booked with CampingF1.com for the three days as it was our first experience of Live Grandprix and our 50th anniversary. So we pushed the boat out and booked the posh seats in front of the start line. If we did it again we would probably go to a slower circuit as the seats are on the straight and the circuit very fast so the cars are past in a flash.

Cheaper seats and a choice of the corners is a better bet to see the action.
Not complaining as it was an enjoyable experience.
We stayed on the campsite booked through CampingF1 which was in the grounds of the Ristorante Venus on Via Lambro about 4 Kilometres away but there is a free bus laid on. The Campsite is just a big field with water,toilets and showers. A terrific atmosphere and very friendly.
Also as we are older people being away from the circuit at night is a lot more peaceful. You can get meals in the Ristorante and when we went there was a meet and greet with Martin Brundle which was an added bonus.

Check out the website http://www.campingf1.com/events/italian_grand_prix

they have a london number and are very helpful. Let me know if you need any more info..

Terry

Teljoy
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 20-12-2015, 16:46

My Motorhome: A big black & white one
We went this year and stayed on the site actually at the circuit - a bit expensive and very noisy at night with lots of music and partying until the early hours, but very convenient for the track - we could see the cars go past from our pitch, and we didn't even pay extra to park against the fence separating the site form the actual track.

We went for General Access tickets so we could go where we wanted, outside of the main Grandstands - there are a lot of mini-stands you can use but you need to get to them very early on race day to get a seat! If you get General Access tickets for the whole weekend then on Friday (F1 practice and other formulas practice and qualifying) you can even use the main Grandstands.

If we went again we would probably opt for Camping F1 as the site on the circuit was definitely for the younger fans

Would agree with Terry, don't get tickets for grandstands on the straights, you don't see much. My recommendation would be Grandstand 9 at Seconda Variante (the 2nd chicane) - there you get a good view of the cars coming out of the high-speed Curva Grande and along the straight before braking hard into the chicane. There tends to be a lot of action there

Have fun!
teljoy and teljoy like this.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 20-12-2015, 19:56

My Motorhome: Frankia I740+50
Thanks both

I'm liking the sound of Camping F1 and will give them a call - this year we went to Spa and it was party central on site 24/7 - I'm 52 but clearly way too old for the full on party crowd!

We only need camping as we have already booked the tickets for weekend seats so hopefully they can help

Looking at the round trip it seems about 1000 miles each way - I was thinking about 200 miles a day to make it a leisurely 5 days down / 4 days there / 5 days back

What travelling a day did you guys do?
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 20-12-2015, 21:07

My Motorhome: A big black & white one
Our travelling per day and route won't really help you as we visited family in Belgium on the way down. Then we had a leisurely drive down through eastern France, avoiding all toll roads, so we did 7 days of gentle driving on the way south. After the F1 we set off on a tour of northern Italy for 5 weeks, so that route wouldn't really help you

But I would recommend, if you plan to drive down through France, is head down to the Chambery area and then, rather than go through the Frejus Tunnel, head up over the top through the Alps, past Lac du Mont-Cenis - good road and wonderful views!

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 22-12-2015, 16:52 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezmcd View Post
Thanks both

I'm liking the sound of Camping F1 and will give them a call - this year we went to Spa and it was party central on site 24/7 - I'm 52 but clearly way too old for the full on party crowd!

We only need camping as we have already booked the tickets for weekend seats so hopefully they can help

Looking at the round trip it seems about 1000 miles each way - I was thinking about 200 miles a day to make it a leisurely 5 days down / 4 days there / 5 days back

What travelling a day did you guys do?
As it was a special occasion we used the toll roads and the mont blanc tunnel.
Got off the train at Calais on Tuesday and stayed at Aire Ville de Chaumont, Port de la Maladiere S/W of Nancy on Tuesday night.
On Wednesday night we stayed on the Aire at Saint Andre sur Vieux Jonc near Bourg en Bresse due west of Geneva.
Om Thursday night we stayed near the tunnel at Les Domes de Miage Campsite Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc.
We arrived on Friday at the Ristorante Venus on Via Lambro about Midday. Did not bother to go to the practise on Friday but took the free bus to the qualifying on Saturday.

It sounds a bit rushed but as we were using toll roads we were not stretched.

Hope this gives you a flavour of what we did. Any other info. let me know.

Terry

Teljoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page