Fishing the Barragem at Markadia Portugal. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 20:44 Thread Starter

Fishing the Barragem at Markadia Portugal.

Hey up.

Well here we are on our way home heading North from the Algarve and having our compulsory stop at Markadia where we have been most winters for the last 6 years.

The fishing in the Barragem is right up my street, it is warm enough to fish in a T shirt and shorts after dinner time, can't do that in the UK this time of the year ..

Started fishing yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours mainly to spod half a bucket of snap in which has a couple of tins of sweetcorn, it worked up to a point with 7 small carp between 1.5 lb to 4lb and 3 barbel between 2 and 4lb.

Today I got 18 carp and 2 barbel much the same size as yesterday, and Sandra got 8 carp and 4 barbel.. If you get an 8lb carp in the dam it is a monster for here as they are the long wild strand of carp and fight like stink. As we fish the same spot for the next 30 days the fish move in big time with all the snap that goes in and we often catch up wards of 70/80 fish in a day 10am till dusk, all caught on a cage feeder and sweetcorn hook bait..

So lets see how it pans out over the next few weeks.

Anybody else fished here? my old mate on MHF's "Sweetie" (Steve) has and I think he has had a bit of succsess...

ray

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 22:15

My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Ray, are you on a camp site or wilding?

If on site is it the ACSI one.

John
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 22:36

My Motorhome: Burstner delfin performance t821
Hi Ray hope you are both keeping well.

What's the water level like this year? Get out in the dingy see if you can find any of the big ones.

Best of luck see you when you get home.

Steve

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 13-01-2014, 11:47

Send a message via AIM to peaky
hav nt forgotton you two, we will be coming to visit before you leave , have got some things to do first !!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 13-01-2014, 19:59 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn
Ray, are you on a camp site or wilding?

If on site is it the ACSI one.

HI.

We are on a camp site at Markadia, I think it is an ACSI site as there is an ACSI inspected sign up in the reception, the treasurer will know but she has gone over for a shower. Without any reductions on the bill they gave us it is 27 Euros a night but you get 20 pecent off, and a further 20 percent if you stay for 30 days or more, we always stay for the full 30 days as we love it here, May be a bit quite for some as it is big in nature around here, certainly no Blackpool......

But there are loads of places round the Barragem to wild camp if you want..

Chucked it down last night, but hey ho it is January, and no doubt it rained all over most of Portugal.

Ray

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page