Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Fishing (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/232-fishing/)
-   -   Lakeside carping France (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/232-fishing/109913-lakeside-carping-france.html)

Jimbost 16-04-2013 09:59

Lakeside carping France

Myself and my other half managed to get away last week for a weeks carping. EHU and water within reach of our hose. Waste emptying a 100yd walk. Lakeside pitch on well drained hard standing. Clean shower block and toilet facilities on site

Had a great time no huge fish but 42 carp to 23lb, sturgeon to 19lb and Tench to 5lb. We only fished during the day.

The lake owners Caroline and Dave were extremely helpful taking Kim and our dog to the local vet for the pet passport and local shops. Dave has plans over next year to increase to stock in the lake to a minimum of 18lb up to 40 plus.

Downside was rain, rain and more rain. We liked it so much (not the rain) we have booked to go back in September.

The place is called Etang Marolles and pictures are posted on there under the heading Caravan Lake.

We are in no way connected to the site this was our first visit.

robrace 16-04-2013 10:36

fISHING

Not a fisherman myself but our french friends who live in Brenne nr Reims took us to their favourite restaurant on the banks of a large lake(s)which had pictures all over of very large Carp that had been caught there!We had a fabulous meal with the sun dropping down over the lake.It was a very popular place for British fishermen apparently.They have since told me the Restaurant and the site has been bought by a famous english footballer!

jncrowe 16-04-2013 10:55

Fishing

What a smashing looking place, Ive just been on their website, Nice looking fish ~ good condition
We have had a couple of fishing trips in France and had a great time
Thanks for the post
Cath

sweetie 16-04-2013 14:43

Re: Lakeside carping France

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbost
Myself and my other half managed to get away last week for a weeks carping. EHU and water within reach of our hose. Waste emptying a 100yd walk. Lakeside pitch on well drained hard standing. Clean shower block and toilet facilities on site

Had a great time no huge fish but 42 carp to 23lb, sturgeon to 19lb and Tench to 5lb. We only fished during the day.

The lake owners Caroline and Dave were extremely helpful taking Kim and our dog to the local vet for the pet passport and local shops. Dave has plans over next year to increase to stock in the lake to a minimum of 18lb up to 40 plus.

Downside was rain, rain and more rain. We liked it so much (not the rain) we have booked to go back in September.

The place is called Etang Marolles and pictures are posted on there under the heading Caravan Lake.

We are in no way connected to the site this was our first visit.

Thanks for the post looks a lovely place. As soon as I can get reasonable travel insurance again we will be there.

Steve

96299 16-04-2013 15:55

31 Attachment(s)
Yes thanks for the info on this place. I have been looking for venues in France that cater for motorhomes, so this is a bonus. Cheers looks great.

Steve

Gretchibald 25-05-2013 19:32

Here,s another location if you are touring Normandy. It,s the aire in St Pierre des Bids just outside Alencon. There is a lovely little stocked lake just beside the aire open to the public -6euro per day. Loads of big fish can be seen moving below the surface but I was amazed to see many, what looks like trout jumping . The aire is nice too.

Gretchibald 25-05-2013 19:32

Here,s another location if you are touring Normandy. It,s the aire in St Pierre des Bids just outside Alencon. There is a lovely little stocked lake just beside the aire open to the public -6euro per day. Loads of big fish can be seen moving below the surface but I was amazed to see many, what looks like trout jumping . The aire is nice too.