Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Faulty Control Panel Display

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Penquin 
#1 ·
Hi all, hoping someone may be able to offer some advice on whether a faulty control panel on our 2013 Bailey Approach 760 se might be fixable or not? When we brought it out of storage this weekend the control panel will light up and beep when a button is pressed but there is no digital display. We have been away in the van and everything seems to work on both 12v and 240v. I have done a little research and we have tried unplugging the control panel and plugging back in but this has made no difference, has anyone had the same issue? Thank you

#2 ·
When you unplugged it completely, did you wait at least a minute before reconnecting it?

On our Swift, we had a fault develop which caused no display and a repeated single beep, it seems to take time for the fullfunctional reset to take place.

#4 ·
Our handbook said specifically to disconnect ALL wires, presumably there is some sort of rechargeable capacitor in there to hold some details and this may need to be allowed to complete a discharge (only suggesting as I am not an electronics expert - far from it.......

On ours, it was necessary to unplug a multi-way plug like a Scart lead, only much, much smaller, it was held in by two small clips one at each side and could only be replaced one way round.

I do hope that helps you and is not too difficult, I had to take ours out of the panel mounting which required removing the surrounding trim (simple one screwdriver twist in the slot on the side) and then removing the small cross headed screws (2 from memory) to allow it to slide forwards so I could get to the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.