750 Approach - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 22-12-2014, 21:04 Thread Starter

750 Approach

Question for my mate with this van.. Quote....

Does anybody have a problem with there water level sender
As my new 750 aproch bailey's is always reading empty,also I only have one light over the dinning table ie: Looking from the entrens door one light on left but not on the right above the double seat with seat belts...

Ray for Bill...

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 22-12-2014, 23:21

My Motorhome: 2015 Bailey Approach Autograph 740
We have a new 740, fantastic van but like lots of other brands hopelessly inaccurate instrumentation.
One thing I did find was that the fresh water tank and the waste tanks have no ventilation. According to the handbook the tank caps are ventilated, but in truth neither of ours were. This prevents the tank from filling as it builds up pressure. I have drilled both caps and now am able to fill the fresh water tank. Only needs a small hole.
Gerry
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 22-12-2014, 23:32

My Motorhome: Bailey Approach Autograph 745
We've got a new 745, love it to bits.

There are a number of small, black, circular rocker switches dotted around the van for the lights, one by the door and one by the overhead lockers to the right of the hab door looking out.

There's also one on the main lamp unit above the fixed bed.

I don't think I've got a problem with my water sender, I've not filled my tanks to full yet as I've only been away for weekends and need to drain down at the end of the weekend so I can't answer that one.

Mr Wez

Follow our motorhome travels on http://21stcenturybobbylog.wordpress.com

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 23-12-2014, 01:50

Hi Ray...we have a 750 and there is no vanity light opposite the hab door above the table. There are 2 directly behind the drivers seat though.
A LED strip runs around the top of the lockers above the table too.

On ours the temperature readout for inside and outside both lie like a cheap watch and both fresh water and waste water measurements are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

A very kind member on here sent me a document that explained how to calibrate the control panel water display. I have recently done what the document says which involves measuring the depth of each tank and inputting this data into the panel configuration

We are drained down right now but intend to water up soon ready for a 3 night trip over New Years so no results on that as yet.

If you want a copy of the calibration procedure please pm me.

Chris

Chris and Hills

Never but never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 23-12-2014, 15:56

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 718EB
I was told that the reason Bailey don't fit a reading light there is because when they were crash tested originally the light that was fitted there would have speared one of the belted seat occupants straight through the skull! Cue swift removal of said light from production vans........
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 23-12-2014, 16:38

In this life, there is a reason for everything! That sounds like a good enough reason to me Bill...

Chris and Hills

Never but never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 23-12-2014, 20:21

Re: 750 Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok
Question for my mate with this van.. Quote....

Does anybody have a problem with there water level sender
As my new 750 aproch bailey's is always reading empty,also I only have one light over the dinning table ie: Looking from the entrens door one light on left but not on the right above the double seat with seat belts...

Ray for Bill...
I have an Approach 740 and I had issues with the water tank level indicated. Member SteveB123 was very helpful in providing me with information on how to reset the water level. I think what happened to me is that I left the tank half full when it went in for service and the reset the levels which meant that every time I got to half empty the sensor said completely empty!!! However Steve's fix worked for me. Obviously there could be other issues causing the problem.

David

Bailey Approach SE 740

www.davidklyne.co.uk
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 24-12-2014, 03:34

Hi David

Yes it was SteveB123 who sent it to me too...I have taken the liberty of sharing it with Ray's mate. Hopefully it will help.

Chris

Chris and Hills

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 18-05-2015, 18:50

My Motorhome: I drive...
Hi all,

Having issues myself with the water level sensor on a 765, would anyone be kind enough to share the recalibration guide with me? Trying to avoid a trip to the the dealers if possible.

Thanks

Marc
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 25-04-2020, 16:58

My Motorhome: I drive...
calibration procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlups View Post
Hi Ray...we have a 750 and there is no vanity light opposite the hab door above the table. There are 2 directly behind the drivers seat though.
A LED strip runs around the top of the lockers above the table too.

On ours the temperature readout for inside and outside both lie like a cheap watch and both fresh water and waste water measurements are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

A very kind member on here sent me a document that explained how to calibrate the control panel water display. I have recently done what the document says which involves measuring the depth of each tank and inputting this data into the panel configuration

We are drained down right now but intend to water up soon ready for a 3 night trip over New Years so no results on that as yet.

If you want a copy of the calibration procedure please pm me.

Chris

Dear Chris

we have recently just bought a 750 and noticed this thread whilst browsing. Is this something I would benefit from? If so would you kindly send to me please. Many thanks.

Kind regards
Stephen and Karren

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page